Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16D V4 FW 1.08 HU issue - Prop Table contains no entries for this FW version

Orville

13 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You can download the fw file to any place you want on your computer and as long as you remember where you stored it update the fw through the HU.

Yes LOR software has a nice place to place it and with S5/6 it has all of the current available fw for every device. It auto updates when you connect to the internet, even better.

In S6 it auto loads the directory as soon as you select “firmware”.

Since 1.08 was broke it may come out in another version and not 1.08. Food for thought.

JR

16 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Orville, the instructions on Where was on the download page.

But, since this file supports later hardware, why does LOR not just have a 'Get Latest...'  under Showtimes Help and do all the lifting for us.

With a little bit more code, HU could log hardware found and 'Get Latest' could store the latest FW (but not do the actual to device part). Never hurts to be prepared 😁

Yes, TheDucks, but if you look at the info on where to put the file, it DID NOT tell me to put it in the location that Jimehc told me where it went.  So yes, there is info there that tells me where to put it, but that info was INCORRECT in my case.

JR: That's what I did initially, have a folder in my LOR directory called LOR Updates, under that I have several Sub-Directories for Firmware\Updated Device File that I'd copy to one of the directories [the bolded one in my reply above to Jimehc above].   But I still WOULD NOT have known where to actually put it from the info on the FW page, as what I copied is where it says to put it, which in my case was INCORRECT

It was in a Directory I would have NEVER thought to even look in.   So I still don't know if the updated Device File had resolved that issue I was having with FW V1.08, and now there is no way to even test that out to see since I went backward to V1.07, and no way currently to D/L FW V.1.08 to update it to what it was when I first got the new Pixie16D board and see if it fixed that window pop-up error I was getting.

I have subfolders for FW for each device I own, and even a few I don't as yet.  I have a folder where I have every LOR Suite except for some of the newer ones.  So I try to keep up with the latest FW when available, LOR Suites, even a subfolder for the documentation of each Device LOR sells, broken down into subfolders of each Device type, even if I don't own any of them.

If that FW is ever made available, I may try it again at some time and see what happens now that I have the new LOR DeviceFile installed in the proper Directory, thanks to Jimehc.

9 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Pixie 1.08 FW has been added to the website fw download  page.

Thanks, will go and update it on the Pixie16D and see if that pesky pop-up is gone since I have the latest device file installed now.

Got another topic in the RGB section on using he Pixie16D to control the LOR singing trees - Advice/Help needed.

I think I've got part of it figured out correctly, but not sure about in the SE.

Off to try the 1.08FW again.  Let you know what happens.

4 hours ago, Orville said:

Thanks, will go and update it on the Pixie16D and see if that pesky pop-up is gone since I have the latest device file installed now.

Got another topic in the RGB section on using he Pixie16D to control the LOR singing trees - Advice/Help needed.

I think I've got part of it figured out correctly, but not sure about in the SE.

Off to try the 1.08FW again.  Let you know what happens.

I replied there. Just take your vis file and open it up and set your unit IDs there.

Some of us still use S4 daily.

Really no need to update your FW from 1.07 at this time since you are using S4.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I replied there. Just take your vis file and open it up and set your unit IDs there.

Some of us still use S4 daily.

Really no need to update your FW from 1.07 at this time since you are using S4.

JR

Yes, but eventually I do plan on moving into at least S5, pretty sure my current license doesn't cover any of the S6 versions.

So I went ahead and updated all my Pixie2D's and the Pixie16D to FW V.1.08 and no problems at all, no more pop-up windows with anything in them now.   So, everything working as it should.

12 hours ago, Orville said:

Yes, but eventually I do plan on moving into at least S5, pretty sure my current license doesn't cover any of the S6 versions.

So I went ahead and updated all my Pixie2D's and the Pixie16D to FW V.1.08 and no problems at all, no more pop-up windows with anything in them now.   So, everything working as it should.

That is good to know.

Thanks for the update.

JR