Light-O-Rama Forums

General DMX Addressing Question

c7williams

Brand new to DMX. I bought 3 moving heads, I purchased the idmx1000 to run these lights. The idmx1000 is set to unit ID E0, my first moving head is set to unit 001 and works fine with unit E0 circuits 0-16 but I'm trying to set up my second one and I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong. I set the moving head to 002 so I'm thinking I would control this light under E0 circuits 17 to 32. Is this correct? 

If the first head ends at 16 the second one will start at 17. Set the second one to 17 and the channels in Sequencer accordingly.

3 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

If the first head ends at 16 the second one will start at 17. Set the second one to 17 and the channels in Sequencer accordingly.

That's what I thought but no dice... Even in HU I cant get it to work.

You must set the start address on head two to so it shows 017.

The Sequencer will then be set to use channels 17 to 3

I don't use the idmx but don't you need to set a universe up in dmx and then assign the channels.

2 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

I don't use the idmx but don't you need to set a universe up in dmx and then assign the channels.

1 step closer... I had the unit set on the head to 002 not 017. Now its set to 017 and its reacting. However its not acting the same as moving head 1 even tho they are sequenced the same. I feel like it has to with what you said about channels 17 to 3 or did you mean to say 17 to 32?

12 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Moving Head 2 responds almost opposite as Moving Head one in regards to pan and tilt. Any ideas? @PhilMassey

image.png.01b37f959aa28ad325690228d598a361.png

Your moving head has a menu.  In the menu you can set how you want the heads to respond to tilt or pan.  Creating an opposite effect.  Then save.

4-tomshine 80watt heads upside down under garage eves

• This topic was locked and unlocked