Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Questions Before the Sale Fri.

Yodlei

39 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

A pixie 2 is ready to go. It is only sold as a package (option is 2 strings or 4. White  or green wires and case). Connect the LOR network (uses CAT5) and apply AC power (you might need to weather protect the power).  Option is String Extensions (has mating connectors that match the strings)  NOTE: every manufacturer of smart nodes has their own INCOMPATIBLE connection schemes. PICK one and plan on making them your supplier. LOR is a good choice, but do not expect to by from others and just plug it in.

Pixie2 Size is approximately  6.5"x4.8x1.8

Yep, knew the first part & am sticking with LOR so I don't run into problems as I've read in other threads. Was hoping it was small & lightweight..easier to deal with as AC controllers have some weight to them. Power is right below where the house/roof gutter meets the garage gutter with a yew in front. It's under the overhang & hidden so perfect location. Just needed the extension to get up to the house gutter so buying a few different smaller sizes. Thx!

19 hours ago, Yodlei said:

Thx for the quick replies & have seen your video in other threads...very nice! Now I'm more confused. I heard that tree is big but not sure why a jumper was even needed. It is for 1 style but not the other 2 & other than the faces being different, not sure why it was needed in the first place. You saying several are needed is the confusing part. I was thinking an extension (like to get from a controller on the ground up to something high) was kind of like an extension cord in a way so would be needed to get from the outline to the face (like to make up for a gap). Maybe I'm over thinking it.

I pixel pack, not recommended for the faint of heart. While pixel packing you keep as many pixels on one unit ID as possible. In order to do that splices were needed in order to reach from the tree outline to the mouth movements. There are other places where splices would be needed even if you dont pixel pack due to the reach from one node to the next in a few places. Its been a few years since i put them together and yes they are large. At 10' wide and close to 10' tall. Mine are stored in tact since I do not want to take them a part after every season.

JR