Light-O-Rama Forums

Dimmer Issues

vblock

For some reason, Whenever I preview a sequence, the dimmer values are wonky. They either shut the lights off immediately if its under .25 of a second, or they shut them of gradually AFTER the dimmer sequence is ended if its over a second.

Edited by vblock

I am seeing the same thing on my fades as well.  Seems to be something that started happening with the upgrade to 5.6.8.  I'm hoping it's just a bug with the visualizer and not something that will happen when actually controlling lighs.

11 hours ago, vblock said:

For some reason, Whenever I preview a sequence, the dimmer values are wonky. They either shut the lights off immediately if its under .25 of a second, or they shut them of gradually AFTER the dimmer sequence is ended if its over a second.

When you say "dimmer values are wonky", do you mean that a fade, say from 100% to 0%, does not display correct in the playback window?

Matt

Hi Matt - I'm not the OP but basically what you said is correct.  I made a quick video so you can see it yourself:  https://youtu.be/SsFPgUh6Iq4

The particular prop is called Ash Mid Yard and is defined in the preview as a Firestick with 8 segments (segment 1 is at the top).  It shows up in the video as the white bar in the middle of the screen.  In the sequencer you can see the fade down from 44.03 to 46.95 followed by a fade up from 46.95 to 48.56.  From the video you can see that the fade down doesn't occur until approx 46.6 and the fade up is finished by 47.3.  I'm seeing the same behavior on other channels/props as well.

Let me know if you need any more info from me.

Joel

@jfuller8400

Thanks for providing a sample sequence.

What is happening is that you have a bunch of bulbs on top of one another, which increases their brightness in the preview. To fix, reduce the number of bulbs per segment in your firestick shapes and/or make the bulb size smaller.

The Sequencer is working as designed.

• The topic was locked