Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm trying to configure my new PixCon16, how do you setup LOR unitIDs in the PixCon16? Everything says Universe, not Unit ID

Gmitch

I’ll see if i can walk you through it. In the Network Preferences program, you click on the Find Pixcon16 button located on the right hand side. You will need an Ethernet cable plugged directly from your computer/laptop to the metal Jack on the pixcon16 and both will need to be powered on. When the program finds it, you double click on the card it found and you will be presented with another window that has four tabs. In the control tab, you will see an “advanced” button in the top section. It’s in this window that for the starting universe you put in the decimal equivalent of the unit ID (hex) you want to use (now all of this is if your still using the card in LOR mode). So, for example, if i wanted to use unit ID’s 40-4F, then i would enter the decimal equivalent of 40, which is 64 into the top starting universe and enter the next 15  decimal numbers into the remaining starting universes, according to the chart. I just make it easy and assign a unit ID for each output (16 outputs).  If there is something else you need to know, feel free to ask. This process is confusing and different than it used to be. 

Here is the link to the UNIT ID conversion chart:

http://www.lightorama.com/help/unit_id_values.htm

Edited by BluMan
  • Like 1