Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 help!

dolson86

So pixie16 will run my 16x50 tree, floods, but my roof line won't work. It works in the sequencer and HU but when I play the show I get nothing. I can get 150 to light up on the roof but then the floods don't work. Also the tree on port 8 lights up matching with the roofline but it's fine in the sequencer. I will attach my prop and unit ids

• Like 1

Not enough information.  It looks like you have your Pixie 16 set with a Unit ID of 11 (which means it is using IDs 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, and 20).  Confirm that you have eight ports from the Pixie 16 driving the 16 x 50 pixel tree with each output driving two of the strings on the tree.   What flood lights do you have (provide a link), and how are they connected?

Thanks for the link for the floods.  How are they connected?  Are they connected to port 12 pf the Pixie?

30 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Thanks for the link for the floods.  How are they connected?  Are they connected to port 12 pf the Pixie?

Yes port 12

If you pixie16 is set to Decimal unit id 11 then in sequencer your ports are going to be 0B,0C,0D,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1A which does not line up with image posted above. Your tree should be ports 0B.0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12.

Also why do your three floodlights all have the same unit ID of 1C?

Another thing may be your network settings. I see this is a regular network in sequencer, is it also set up as a regular network in network utility? Pixels should be on a high speed network that is enhanced with a high speed adapter.

30 minutes ago, c7williams said:

If you pixie16 is set to Decimal unit id 11 then in sequencer your ports are going to be 0B,0C,0D,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1A which does not line up with image posted above. Your tree should be ports 0B.0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12.

Another thing may be your network settings. I see this is a regular network in sequencer, is it also set up as a regular network in network utility? Pixels should be on a high speed network that is enhanced with a high speed adapter.

Got that set up now thanks! So it's something in my sequence that's not allowing it to work because I just tried my Halloween sequence and it worked. Am I missing something??

No where in Light-O-Rama (hardware or software) are Unit IDs in decimal.  It's always in Hex.

1 hour ago, c7williams said:

They are apparently individual smart RGB floods that are on the same output from the Pixie.  Having the same Unit ID would be correct in that case.  Note that the channel numbers are sequential (counting by 3 as expected).

55 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

No where in Light-O-Rama (hardware or software) are Unit IDs in decimal.  It's always in Hex.

They are apparently individual smart RGB floods that are on the same output from the Pixie.  Having the same Unit ID would be correct in that case.  Note that the channel numbers are sequential (counting by 3 as expected).

@k6ccc Disregard my unit ID theory. lol. I was helping someone on fb and they were trying to set Decimal number 11 as the unit id not realizing that 11 in sequencer translates to 17. That was in the back of my head and I saw this post and linked them both together. 

@dolson86 keep your unit ids set up the way they initially were. Do you have your pixie16 assigned to unit 11 via HU or DIP switches? Not bad practice to set them on the DIP switch level to ensure it does not default back to unit 01.

What do your network preferences look like? 

Thank you everyone I got it figured out...after re reading all your responses it clicked and I forgot to change my unit ID in HU to 11 as I had it set to 12 when I first got it but everything works!

• Like 1