Light-O-Rama Forums

RBG: controlling 100 pixels (I am stuck with what is most likely a super simple issue)

Master Edd

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

LIGHT CONSOLE is for DUMB  tests

HU Pixel console only controls 50 nodes (150 Channels).

Did you select Pixie (in the big D)

What is the "big D?" Looks like I can control up to 170 nodes when selecting Extended Circuit IDs in the Test Console (Light Console).

After spending some time reviewing manuals, it seems the primary difference I am faced with is the inability to select all of the below options as indicated in past instructions. Specifically, I cannot change the DMX mode to both macro and RGB Channels using the Cosmic Color/Pixie Config Advanced section. I suspect if I can enable macros I will be able to do what I have done in the past. 

Select the following options using the screen to the right:
 Unit ID Mode: Normal
 Channel Mode: Triples (RGB, RGB,…)
 Standalone Speed: 8 (doesn’t matter)
 Resolution: 50 Pixels
 Num of strings/ribbons: 1 (Do not use any other number)
 DMX Mode: Both Macro and RGB Channels
Then click the Update Unit button to send this configuration to the
Color Bulb Controller. These parameters must be set for the
demonstrations that follow.

5 minutes ago, mpearson88 said:

After spending some time reviewing manuals, it seems the primary difference I am faced with is the inability to select all of the below options as indicated in past instructions. Specifically, I cannot change the DMX mode to both macro and RGB Channels using the Cosmic Color/Pixie Config Advanced section. I suspect if I can enable macros I will be able to do what I have done in the past. 

Select the following options using the screen to the right:
 Unit ID Mode: Normal
 Channel Mode: Triples (RGB, RGB,…)
 Standalone Speed: 8 (doesn’t matter)
 Resolution: 50 Pixels
 Num of strings/ribbons: 1 (Do not use any other number)
 DMX Mode: Both Macro and RGB Channels
Then click the Update Unit button to send this configuration to the
Color Bulb Controller. These parameters must be set for the
demonstrations that follow.

Page 22 of the User Manual for Macro channels. Not sure why anyone would still need or want to use them especially in S5 but the info is there. One of the only long term users of Macro channels I know - stopped using them which IMP was just short of a miracle.

The pixel console is well a little problematic. The tutorials I have made for any pixie controllers is to use a "test sequence".

Still with a pixie controller and just a basic license you are destined to fail. Also in the manual below - a good read right away would be pages 1-10

JR

Microsoft Word - Pixie_Man1.07.doc (lightorama.com)

yeah, my bad -- what I mentioned would probably not work for whatever creative thing is trying to be done here. I'll go back into my box now, where I belong ;)

I have tested 2 strings (100 pixels) by getting creative, but that was really a false test, other than making them all turn on.

-Edd

7 minutes ago, Master Edd said:

yeah, my bad -- what I mentioned would probably not work for whatever creative thing is trying to be done here. I'll go back into my box now, where I belong ;)

I have tested 2 strings (100 pixels) by getting creative, but that was really a false test, other than making them all turn on.

-Edd

All feedback that is factual such as a test is appreciated. That was how I started lighting 170 nodes per port in the infancy stages with the pixie16. Trick S4 into thinking it was a pixcon16 when a young lady in California reached out to me for a large matrix. I asked her on the phone "why not, cant hurt". Worked like a charm.

No box to belong.

JR