Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 2 CB100D Not responding to any Sequencing

TheSignGuy

I have 2 - Pixie 2 50 pixel string units that will not respond to any sequence, I'm not sure what else to try.... They are fine and are 100% working with testing in the HU.

My unit ID's are 11/12 for the first one and 17/18 for the second, my pixie 4 is set to unit 13/14/15/16 and my pixie 8 is set to 25/26/27..../32.

I'm running 2 networks, regular (non enhanced) and aux A (enhanced). On the enhanced network I also have my pixie 8 and a pixie 4 that will play the sequence 100% fine. I've swapped cables, ports and tried a different network (regular non and enhanced) and even updated the firmware on both units still no lights. I have not done any factory reset on the controllers or taken the pixie 8 or 4 out of the network. I guess I should just hook 1 of the P2D up and see if that works?

The network is set up and correct, I've triple checked all the unit ID's and network. What am I missing?????

My guess is something mis-configured on the Pixie 2 controllers.  However I'm not the Pixie expert here.

Thank Jim, I know everyone is busy setting up their shows as well. Hoping @dibblejr has a solution or hopefully point me to something I overlooked.

Also these Pixie 2's are second hand and the first year in my display if that helps.

52 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Did you get this resolved?

I had my Covid booster Friday and it is still kicking my butt.

JR

Not yet, I did a factory reset on both and still nothing. I reached out to help desk, they are asking me to build a test preview, "add a controller" in the prop def and try it that way.  Might have some time this evening to try it.

I confirmed to help desk the setup unit ID's and ports #'s are correct, I'm still baffled. LOL

Hope your back to 100% soon!

29 minutes ago, TheSignGuy said:

Not yet, I did a factory reset on both and still nothing. I reached out to help desk, they are asking me to build a test preview, "add a controller" in the prop def and try it that way.  Might have some time this evening to try it.

I confirmed to help desk the setup unit ID's and ports #'s are correct, I'm still baffled. LOL

Hope your back to 100% soon!

I would say if the help desk is involved to try the steps they ask. 

I build a preview for all of my custom props to ensure they work before messing around with my good preview. Sounds pretty much the same as what they are asking.

Did you confirm that they worked when you purchased them?

I am about 50% of what I was pre booster. At 3 days now I just feel as if a meteor fell on me. Thank you for the comment.

JR

42 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Did you confirm that they worked when you purchased them?

No, other then HU found them and I was able to control them as what you would expect them to do in HU.

Help desk did what they could and still could not get either controller to respond in a sequence. I was advised to send them in for repair, $30 each (or more) and I pay shipping both ways because they are out of warranty and I did buy them second hand. I had 3 extra Pixie 2 controllers handy so I swapped the 2 bad ones out for 2 known working ones and everything is working as expected.

Because I believe this will be my last year doing a display I doubt they will be sent in and will go in the "pixie 2 box" for the next person to sort out.

To those that responded, thank you.