Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB WS2811 Rigid Strip issues

z327

Unplug and replug the USB adaptor from the PC while watching the Ports in Device Manager. You should see it disappear and reappear.

FWIW I have a Demo version of 5.5.14 on another PC

It has NO PROBLEM discovering  a Picie8 (ID20) v1.06

I turned port 1 on to RED 👍  Then I had it chase Port1 in Blue 👍

HU does not do Enhanced or limit ID under test

Fixed!  After all that, I discovered I have a defective USB 485B and/or cable.  I had another one connected to a different controller and decided to swap it, changed to Com port 4 and everything appears to work.  I swapped back to verify, re-selected Com 3 and doesn't work.  I hate hardware. 😬. Thanks so much for all your time and suggestions.

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

If your license level on your profile is correct your pixie controllers will never work. You need to be running at least SE 4.4.0 and a Pro license.

Sorry I jus noticed that

JR

Profile was out of date. I’m running latest LOR software with Pro license. No issues with my two Pixie8D or my Pixie16D. It’s with the brand new rigid strips I bought that should be WS2811. After I tested the strips with a very old TH2010-X LED stand-alone controller and had the same issues, I knew it was the new strips.

I even got some 10 year old strips working with the Pixie8D and used the HU to change the order to BGR to correct the colors. 

All my pixie's are configured as RGB via the HU >> I just change the color order in the Prop Definition - so that way the controller/port does not matter, as the color change follows that certain prop...