Light-O-Rama Forums

How many Pixie8 Controllers do I need??

MNLights

16 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

JP2 is needed. All pixies have the jumper but depending on the pixie model it is a different pin 

JR

9 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I have some gen2 Pixie4 and 8 (no pixie2... yet 🙃)

I cannot verify because on my phone but whatever pin between JP2 and JP3 in the manual that says “aux power” without that all bets are off. Only one Jack will work

I have many pixies. In the beginning they would ship rom factory with the jumper installed.

I can only guess why but in 2019 I plugged a pixie in during a show and I test as I setup.

I had no lights on the 2nd pixie work. I troubleshot , this was one of my builds. I tore it back apart , checked everything and still nothing.

Finally I compared to one in my inventory and the dif was that jumper.

Put it on and had lights.

I think on the IDMX controller LOR recommends leaving it off.

I explain all of that in all of my videos as well as removing JP5 if it is installed or not installing when received.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

3 hours ago, TheSignGuy said:

Thanks for the heads up @dibblejr, glad I follow some of these threads. I just looked at my Pixie 8 for my 16X50 Tree, I just installed the JP2 jumper. Last year the Pixie 8 was at the end, not a big deal it worked. This year it will be first in line for 2 Pixie 2's and 1 Pixie 4, that would have been a pain....

Do all the Pixie's 4/8/16 arrive with the JP2 not installed? Would there be a reason they leave them off, just curious....

Either JP2 or JP3. Who never says “aux power” it says in the manual where pictures are.

Pages in the 30’s if I recall. Sorry don’t know exact page though.

JR

"  JP2 install jumper to connect accessory
power to RJ45 jacks.
 JP3 is used to connect inputs (interactive
show triggers) to the controller.
 JP4 install jumper to connect 120Ω
termination resistor.
 JP5 is used to select some factory the
Hardware Utility setting of RGB IC,
pixels/string and color order. "

• The topic was locked