Light-O-Rama Forums

How to configure Pixie 16 to light up 150 pixels in a 3X50 string?

Matt R

I have my full 2021 25 song show sequences done and on a 4 network mini director. I'm using S5. Several of my ports in my multiple Pixie16 controller setup have 3X50 or 150 pixels on one port. However, I can only get 100 pixels on these ports to actually light up. 

I've gone into the hardware utility and set my UID and then gone into the config button at the bottom, and then "cosmic color / pixie config" and changed it to 150 pixels / port, 50 pixel resolution. It says the commands are being sent to my controller, but then the test buttons dont work, and I still cant get more than 100 pixels to light up, even when i click the self-test button on the board itself. 

Please help. 

52 minutes ago, Matt R said:

4 network mini director

Just real quick.. there is no such thing as a 4 port mini director. All mini directors are 1 port, 1 network. (Yes, I'm picky, but words mean things.)

@dibblejr- You want to comment on the Pixie?

1 hour ago, Matt R said:

N4-G4-Mp3 Director is what i meant. 

That's better.  JR Dibble is the resident Pixie expert.  He'll pop in soon enough with the answer.

BTW, if you think Don was being overly picky about the Director type, please understand that people often ask questions where the details are very important to get the correct answer.  And you would be amazed at the questions that get asked some times....

• Like 1

Sorry late to the game, was out most of the day.

What FW version is on the pixie?

What version is the pixie?

One note since you mentioned it- 99% of pixie users will never need to change the logical resolution- as tempting as it is , it has nothing to do with the number of pixels used.

That should be set at 50 as it comes from the factory.

The answer to the 2 questions above will help me help you.

I believe you may have posted the similar question on FB and someone linked you to my pixie Config video. That video was prior to the most recent versions of S4/S5 where we now have the option of setting more than 100 pixels per port in the HU.

If you can’t figure it out shoot me a PM or IM and we can exchange phone numbers and you can call me.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

it looks like all I had to do was remove this plastic little jumper on the board, after doing all the hardware utility config steps. Do you foresee any issues with that? I can get my 3X50 port to light up all 150 pixels now, even at 80% brightness. 

jumper_png.GIF

12 hours ago, Matt R said:

to add some more detail, I'm using 12V bullet pixels from LOR. 

No issues with removing the jumper! 
If you watched my video above you seen where I mention not installing the jumper.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• 2 months later...

Ok seems I am also having same issue. I have HU set and can run sequence with only 100 lights. My longest run is 128. I wanted to test if it be ok, but nothing I do seems to work to get past 100. Some help here would be appreciated. I have the jumper in. I think your video said must be in so I will wait to here back. 

4 hours ago, ~DOC~ said:

Ok seems I am also having same issue. I have HU set and can run sequence with only 100 lights. My longest run is 128. I wanted to test if it be ok, but nothing I do seems to work to get past 100. Some help here would be appreciated. I have the jumper in. I think your video said must be in so I will wait to here back. 

My friend Docs problem was he had the jumper placed on JP5 as instructions provided say. Once we removed and relocated the jumper all 150 nodes worked. Easiest remedy I had in several days. 

As usually it was nice to talk to you again even if it is annually. LOL

JR

• Like 1