Light-O-Rama Forums

Arch Preview

KYHI

Or if you're saying it's an AC Arch with 8 sections (8 channels), you would just type an 8 in the segment field of the prop definition window.

Likely the easiest (IF it will ALWAYS be treated as eight groups where all the pixels in a group will ALWAYS behave the same), it to set the 50 pixels up as groups in the controller itself - provided the controller you are using can do pixel groups (most can).  That way as far as sequencing is concerned, it IS eight RGB channel sets.  I am doing that on my roses where each RGB "pixel" is actually about 2 1/2 feet of strip.  This only works if those arches will ALWAYS be treated as eight RGB channels and your controller can do that.

With that said, I have six 50 pixel arches, and in my opinion, you would be severely handicapping yourself if you don't take advantage of the 50 pixels.  Chases, sweeps, etc look so much smoother with each pixel individually controllable.  And you can still group things in sequencing when you want to.

This video will show the roses along the wall in the first part of the song, and at about 40 seconds (and later), you can see what you can do with the 50 pixel arches.

Very Nicely Done... But I am not near that level of Sequencing... Not even sure I have the Artist Ability...

1 hour ago, KYHI said:

Very Nicely Done... But I am not near that level of Sequencing... Not even sure I have the Artist Ability...

First of all, thank you very much.  That was my first year with a musical show.  I state that I have absolutely no artistic creativity, so I purchased the sequence for the pixel tree (from Mr. SuperStar - Brian Bruderer for that one), and then use the colors and motions from the tree to pattern the rest of the yard.  Also note that the sequence was created in SuperStar.