Light-O-Rama Forums

Griswold Opener

hasslerk

I was really impressed by user zing's Griswold opener mashup with Hallelujah Choir.  But since I did not get any response to my request for a copy, I set out and created one on my own.  I used audacity to capture the soundtrack audio off a clip on YouTube, and purchased the music off iTunes.  I researched the version used elsewhere in the movie and it is actually "The Messiah: Part the Second - Chorus X".  The "X" is roman numeral for 10, and the track is 3:43 long.  It is performed by The Scholars Baroque Ensemble.  I used audacity to cut, edit, and merge the two audio tracks together to get the effect I was happy with.  I have posted my preview of it here, and am willing to share the sequence.  You should at least be able to utilize the singing faces cut and pasted into your sequence.  The singing pixel bulb facial features can also be copied onto a standard AC controller channel.  The slight audio/video offset in the video is actually due to the camera lag.  Drop me a note in the thread if you would like a copy or have questions.  This preview represents over 17,000 lights in my 2020 show.

The video is here (YouTube): 

Edited by hasslerk
typo fixes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mike97520 said:

I am interested in your Griswold sequence. Thank You! mike,ashland@gmail.com

Done.

1 hour ago, BergysXmas said:

Thank you for doing this, would you mind sharing with me...cfberglund@hotmail.com 

Thank you!

Done.

• 2 months later...

That is awesome. Would you mind sharing just the audio to me?...... bwalther74@hotmail.com

I promise this is for personal use only not to be sold or shared.

Thank you,

Brian

31 minutes ago, BWCFWI said:

That is awesome. Would you mind sharing just the audio to me?...... bwalther74@hotmail.com

I promise this is for personal use only not to be sold or shared.

Thank you,

Brian

Brian, I cannot share the audio file for copyright/legal reasons.  But I will send you directions via email as to where to get the Griswold audio part from and where to purchase the song from so that you can make it on your own using Audacity (a free app).

• 1 month later...

Hi Kurt Dennis  here again  just about got your Bang sequenced to my show thanks again for that sequence ,if not to much trouble i would also like a copy of Grisworld opening  thanks Again     email   lafffamily@comcast.net

20 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Hi Kurt Dennis  here again  just about got your Bang sequenced to my show thanks again for that sequence ,if not to much trouble i would also like a copy of Grisworld opening  thanks Again     email   lafffamily@comcast.net

Dennis...done.  Can't wait to see what you did with my merge/mods to the @ItsMeBobO Bang sequence.  In keeping with my "Hooked on a Feeling" vibe last year, I worked up a version of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" for this year (Robert John version from my youth).  Will post it out on the forums once I finish working in my other props.

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Wras said:

Would be grateful if you could shoot me a copy. Wraslore@gmail.com thanks!

Done!

Hi This is Great. 

Would appreciate a copy as well. And the audio instructions if you would.

Thank you

Brenda

brendaels@yahoo.com

39 minutes ago, CBNich said:

Would appreciate a copy as well. And the audio instructions if you would.

Done!

• 4 months later...
On 9/5/2021 at 1:56 PM, LarisaD said:

Asking for a copy of this too, for personal use. And the audio instructions if you have them readily available. 

Lkdemling@yahoo.com

@LarisaD Sorry for my delay...done!  Audio instructions are in the email.  If you have any questions please do not hesitate to respond to my email.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, jkmyers25 said:

would love as well

Welcome to LOR.  Being a newcomer, you may not recognize that you need to provide an email address for me to send it to, as well as you need to state the disclaimer that you will not further share it with others or sell it, even if you make modifications to it.