Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help - upgraded to S5 and added singing face Ralphie

TonyGriswold

Need help if anyone has time. If not I might revert to 4.4.4 for the season and swap back afterwards. I unloaded LOR 4.4.4 so I could run 5.3 with pro and upgraded superstar to use my new singing face tree. Updated my songs to s5 has been a wild task can’t seem to find a solid tutorial on that. I also can’t seem to get the singing face to work in the sequence once I add the superstar effect and run through all the steps of timing the face just right on superstar. Once I am ready to run the sequence it tells me it’s not enhanced and I have to remove prop or change definition or network preference. Just can’t seem to get anywhere with this new S5. Any suggestions. I know that’s a can of worms. Any help

would be greatly appreciated. 

thank you all! 

5 hours ago, TonyGriswold said:

Need help if anyone has time. If not I might revert to 4.4.4 for the season and swap back afterwards. I unloaded LOR 4.4.4 so I could run 5.3 with pro and upgraded superstar to use my new singing face tree. Updated my songs to s5 has been a wild task can’t seem to find a solid tutorial on that. I also can’t seem to get the singing face to work in the sequence once I add the superstar effect and run through all the steps of timing the face just right on superstar. Once I am ready to run the sequence it tells me it’s not enhanced and I have to remove prop or change definition or network preference. Just can’t seem to get anywhere with this new S5. Any suggestions. I know that’s a can of worms. Any help

would be greatly appreciated. 

thank you all! 

Go to network preferences and in the LOR tab make sure that you  have checked enhanced network. 

I was able to get it changed over to enhanced network but now the tree will still not play. It shows on the playback as its singing but not on my display. Does it have anything to do with it being all white? I have yet to figure out how to change the colors on the tree.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

8 hours ago, TonyGriswold said:

I was able to get it changed over to enhanced network but now the tree will still not play. It shows on the playback as its singing but not on my display. Does it have anything to do with it being all white? I have yet to figure out how to change the colors on the tree.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Can you take a screen shot of what you are talking about? I am not sure I am following what it is you are asking

I answered your PM but figured I’d post it here.

I feel it’s going to be a network/ unit ID error, depending on which controller you are using.

You may think you have your actual face lights working but it may be that your face controller is sharing a unit ID(s) with another unit and you have residual lighting from that prop instead.

Sent you some questions in your pm that are keys that may help solve your problem.

It wasn’t in the PM question but from sequencing the trees, you have to use the color fade tool (if S5 has one) to change the color of the movements/ outline of the LOR trees.

Also and I just recalled I read a similar question yesterday or the day before and my reply was “I don’t think SS can be used to sequence the LOR trees as it is , 99.9% sure”.

That .1% would be given the time anything can be added to SS and sequenced, it’s the creation and learning process that would determine how long it takes.

Other the sequencing some face sequences for LOR using the Motion Effects software I do not have any experience in S5 or the actual LOR face props.

Ideally you would have been better suited keeping S4 for the holidays and then learn S5 but that’s just me. I will remain S4 as long as it works do what i do. S5 does have some great affects, two weeks ago I installed it on my old desktop and toyed with some effects but that’s all. Maybe someday I will find time to study it some more.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 11/26/2019 at 5:34 AM, dibblejr said:

I answered your PM but figured I’d post it here.

I feel it’s going to be a network/ unit ID error, depending on which controller you are using.

You may think you have your actual face lights working but it may be that your face controller is sharing a unit ID(s) with another unit and you have residual lighting from that prop instead.

Sent you some questions in your pm that are keys that may help solve your problem.

It wasn’t in the PM question but from sequencing the trees, you have to use the color fade tool (if S5 has one) to change the color of the movements/ outline of the LOR trees.

Also and I just recalled I read a similar question yesterday or the day before and my reply was “I don’t think SS can be used to sequence the LOR trees as it is , 99.9% sure”.

That .1% would be given the time anything can be added to SS and sequenced, it’s the creation and learning process that would determine how long it takes.

Other the sequencing some face sequences for LOR using the Motion Effects software I do not have any experience in S5 or the actual LOR face props.

Ideally you would have been better suited keeping S4 for the holidays and then learn S5 but that’s just me. I will remain S4 as long as it works do what i do. S5 does have some great affects, two weeks ago I installed it on my old desktop and toyed with some effects but that’s all. Maybe someday I will find time to study it some more.

JR

JR, 

I did start with s4 and I have another laptop I will more than likely load s4 back on and run my own show as s5 may take alot longer to understand. Seens like alot issues with s5 from alot of users so far. So to give some background when I started with the tree a few weeks ago I was on s4 and i hadnt added it correctly as a unit so when the show was playing the tree would turn on but it was just mirroring the channels from my 1st controller and changing colors at random which was still cool but no clear singing was going on. I finally added it to my hardward correctly and it assigned the ID of 30 which when i read about it the trees go from 30-34 on unit ID. Still couldnt figure out how to easily program the trees to sing since I am already a newbie to the pixel world much less this tree. I purchased a motion pak to see how the setup was on the files and it played with ease and the tree sung as is should be but I purchased the wrong pak so it wouldnt allow me to see the programming of the channels. Im just running myself into a wall constantly with this tree haha. So I watched a few more videos and tutorials and decided to run s5 since there is a simple way to use super star to insert the effect into the sequencer and I am still having issues. 

Any guidance you can offer JR is great and if all else fails I will do like you said and switch back to s4 for the season.

Thanks.

Problem has been solved. Light O rama tech walked me through some of the missing pieces that were addressed in the tutorial for the S5 and the singing faces. My show is up and running with some songs singing. I will be spending the next few days getting them all to sing and fine tune them now that i have an idea of what im doing.

Thanks again for everyones help in this issue I had. This forum and all its members are a huge help.

Thanks @ebrown1972 & @dibblejr

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TonyGriswold said:

JR, 

I did start with s4 and I have another laptop I will more than likely load s4 back on and run my own show as s5 may take alot longer to understand. Seens like alot issues with s5 from alot of users so far. So to give some background when I started with the tree a few weeks ago I was on s4 and i hadnt added it correctly as a unit so when the show was playing the tree would turn on but it was just mirroring the channels from my 1st controller and changing colors at random which was still cool but no clear singing was going on. I finally added it to my hardward correctly and it assigned the ID of 30 which when i read about it the trees go from 30-34 on unit ID. Still couldnt figure out how to easily program the trees to sing since I am already a newbie to the pixel world much less this tree. I purchased a motion pak to see how the setup was on the files and it played with ease and the tree sung as is should be but I purchased the wrong pak so it wouldnt allow me to see the programming of the channels. Im just running myself into a wall constantly with this tree haha. So I watched a few more videos and tutorials and decided to run s5 since there is a simple way to use super star to insert the effect into the sequencer and I am still having issues. 

Any guidance you can offer JR is great and if all else fails I will do like you said and switch back to s4 for the season.

Thanks.

Happy you got it. I guess this answered the PM reply I sent you about the unit 30 LOL

Sorry it took so long but glad you got it. I learned some stuff about S5 today as well.

JR

• 2 weeks later...

How did you get the Superstar to take the different mouth positions?  I am in Auto Sequence Singing Faces section.  It's got the default loaded.  I can't figure out how to load the Elder configuration.  

5 minutes ago, pouterson1 said:

How did you get the Superstar to take the different mouth positions?  I am in Auto Sequence Singing Faces section.  It's got the default loaded.  I can't figure out how to load the Elder configuration.  

If you are talking about my face sequences. They are not written for the LOR trees.

They will go straight in to S5 from what o was shown by a member I was helping with his controllers.

The LOR faces are 4 mouth moments while mine are 5 so you will be missing some movements in f you don’t set up a 5th moment.

However you can set the mouth movements to any configuration as far as assignments.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thanks for the reply, JR.  I was actually trying to figure out how to import the singing tree into Superstar.  Then I was going to do an auto sequence singing faces.  It's not importing the different mouth and eye positions.  

I'm not sure if it can do that or not.

19 minutes ago, pouterson1 said:

Thanks for the reply, JR.  I was actually trying to figure out how to import the singing tree into Superstar.  Then I was going to do an auto sequence singing faces.  It's not importing the different mouth and eye positions.  

I'm not sure if it can do that or not.

Yeah, that wont work. You can import a picture and assign the mouth movements. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it but my great friend JAmes Morris has mastered it, perhaps he will chime in but we are swamped right now. 

We spend hours sending sequences out to requesters.

JR

1 minute ago, pouterson1 said:

I hear ya, JR.  Thanks for chiming in.  If I figure it out, I'll let you know.  Thanks.

Oh, I know how to do it, I just have bigger fish to fry. Like +200 sequence request from PM's. emails, texts. 

JR

I figured it out.  Had to insert a superstar effect from the sequencer on the prop.  Load the sup file then exit.  It will ask you if you want to save it to the sequencer.  I did that and it worked.