Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie2 config and sequencing help

tlogan

9 minutes ago, tlogan said:

That's OK. I missed your 

too!

Also, just answering...

I purchased these through WOW Lights. They have a standard order of Unit IDs/channels as you progress through the number of channels for all of their sequences. So for all of their sequences, the IDs/channels are consistent. In my case, I started with the 32 channel sequences and want to go to 48...the first 32 are the same in both versions as the 64 ch version has the same first 48 as has the same first 32, etc. Makes it easy to expand the number of lights without having to reprogram all the sequences. The license includes all versions from "dumb" 16-64ch and a 64RGB. There is one more version above that that requires a separate license.  Again in my case, I went to their 64 ch RGB sequence and that's where the RGB Arches are at ID 14 and 15 and all the original IDs/channels are there from my last year's 32 ch show. In the non-RGB version there are "dumb" Arches at ID 3 and 4. In the 64 RGB version, there are STILL "dumb" arches at ID 3 and 4 AND new RGB arches at 14 and 15.  The idea is if I had previous "dumb" arches in the show, I can just add the RGB arches along with them without modifying the sequences.

And finally...

I meant that once you set the Pixie to Unit 14 it automatically assigns 15. Sorry, a programming term that basically means that you do something and get something else automatically.

ATM - while sequencing all of that sounds confusing. It would be easier to just copy paste from theirs to your channel config, unless I am misunderstanding or reading into it all. 

Gotcha on the other stuff as well.

JR

Actually, it seems easier to me. You start one year with 1 controller (ID 1) and 16 channels. You install the 16 ch sequence. They call these first 16 channels Yard Art. The next year, you want to add a Mega Tree, so you install the 32 channel sequence,. This has the exact same Yard Art (ID 1) channels, so you add a new controller and make it ID 2 and you're good to go. The next year you want to add arches, so you install the 48 channel sequence and it has the exact same Yard Art and Mega Tree IDs/channels so, again you add a new controller to ID 3 and you're good to go, and so on. The channel config is consistent no matter how many ID/channels you add.

Now, if you are into creating your own sequences or purchasing from several different sources, then yes, you would need to keep track of what lights are on what channels and get them aligned the way you want them. The wrinkle for me is the Pixie. They expected the RGB arches to be controlled by a 16ch controller, not a Pixie.

Does that help?

Ok, closing out the loop, here.....

Turns out it was a bad ribbon! I entered a help desk ticket that explained the problem (ribbon not responding on either port) and asked for a new one. New one was shipped about an hour after I responded with my order number along with a return label. Shipped out Tuesday; I received it Thursday. Tested it out last night and now ribbons on BOTH ports are responding.

On to building the arches and modifying existing sequences!

Here's a big shout out to Light O Rama support!  GREAT support!

• The topic was locked