Light-O-Rama Forums

Fm transmitter didn't store station like normal.

GriswoldStyle

Tonight was the first night of our show and luckily somebody let us know that the station wasn't working. every day this past week I've had the show on an FM transmitter set to the station it should be every time I turn the power on everything worked like normal. But for some reason tonight when the timer's kicked on it did not store the station 92.7 it reset to 88.0.

I manually change the station once if you were notified us and it's working fine now but I'm just wondering what's going on I haven't change the radio station in two years since I got it and I found it very odd that tonight it reset itself. The show runs on timers and this never happened before so it has me wondering what would cause this.

It's the whole house fm transmitter that comes with the showtime starter package if that helps any. I got it about this time in 2016. Again it is working fine now but out of nowhere it reset itself back to the original present station on 88.0

6 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

It's the whole house fm transmitter that comes with the showtime starter package if that helps any. 

There's your problem right there, never really liked that thing.

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

There's your problem right there, never really liked that thing.

My original one was DOA from LOR, the replacement has been on my back yard fence from testing for 2 years. I forgot all about it. The heat must have messed it up. It no longer works. 

I didn't feel like running more cables for my show computer to the back yard so this was a viable option. At least the mini director still works.

My real transmitter is a Rangestar. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

My real transmitter is a Rangestar. 

JR

by any chance do you have a link to that? I might want to get one as a backup. I read through the PDF manual online for whole house FM last night and it says it is always supposed to store the station so there's no reason it should have reset. I would prefer to have a backup in case something like this happens again. Even though this is the first time that ever did it. A first time is almost never the last.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

LOR has a nice little starter/beginner package there but the weak link is the fm transmitter. There have been a bunch of complaints about the transmitter and many replace them out. Many will use the CZH which is exactly like the Rangestar (different name) but half the price. I keep three on hand in case one goes out but I have been using my current one for six years. If you decide to get another just stay away from the telescoping antenna and go with the rubber ducky.

57 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Many will use the CZH which is exactly like the Rangestar (different name) but half the price.

That reminds me I have one of those somewhere. A silver czh something (had numbers on it). I used to use one on my mr. Christmas wireless lights and sounds. I had opened it up and spliced a 3.5 jack on the wire to the speaker output and used that to broadcast. That one never had a problem but I stopped using it when I got the Lor starter package. Now I just need to remember where the heck I put that at LOL I have a strange feeling that the garage is going to get trashed today while I look for it lol

Edited by GriswoldStyle

4 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

That reminds me I have one of those somewhere. A silver czh something (had numbers on it). I used to use one on my mr. Christmas wireless lights and sounds. I had opened it up and spliced a 3.5 jack on the wire to the speaker output and used that to broadcast. That one never had a problem but I stopped using it when I got the Lor starter package. Now I just need to remember where the heck I put that at LOL I have a strange feeling that the garage is going to get trashed today while I look for it lol

That’s similar to my story. I had a czh on my hacked Mr Christmas(s).

I gave those to my friend a long time ago and along with it the CZH.

When I ordered the Rangestar I got it for less than the czh from a company that was going out of business. They look identical but my RS is black not silver.

Hope you find it and save some $

JR

15 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

That’s similar to my story. I had a czh on my hacked Mr Christmas(s).

I gave those to my friend a long time ago and along with it the CZH.

When I ordered the Rangestar I got it for less than the czh from a company that was going out of business. They look identical but my RS is black not silver.

Hope you find it and save some $

JR

Yep I just went out into the garage and I found two of my old backups. I did not find the CZH but now I remember when I gave the wireless lights and sounds to someone in my neighborhood last year I also gave them the FM transmitter that went with it. but me being the way I am I had problems with the first one that I had ordered so I ended up buying extras luckily @Mr. P comment reminded me I still had backups. just tested the one and it's working great I like that one because it has the volume adjustment the tiny silver one does not have a volume adjustment. But the black one is a sainsonic and was identical to the silver czh I had. Luckily I found both of these when I was looking for the other one before I remembered I gave it away.

205xir7.jpg

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Of the three I have two are the CZH and one is the exact sainsonic as yours. They may be little and cheap but they can reach out there so make sure you keep it on low power. In case you forgot, to change the power level just push and hold the power buton while you plug it in.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Of the three I have two are the CZH and one is the exact sainsonic as yours. They may be little and cheap but they can reach out there so make sure you keep it on low power. In case you forgot, to change the power level just push and hold the power buton while you plug it in.

The sainSonic gives only two options in H & L I assume that's for high and low. I'm going to try to research it online and see what type of distance it gives as far as specs go.

Edit. I just did a test from my computer in the very back of my house, on the L setting and went out to the front driveway of the house to the van and turned on the radio and could not pick it up I switched it over to H in the house came back out and I can hear it in the van now clear. 

probably going to have to set it up in the garage and then take a drive around the neighborhood and make sure it doesn't span too far. I'm sure once I put it in the garage but low setting should work fine so that it does not travel too many houses away.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

• The topic was locked