Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequences for the 16x25 LOR Tree are available!

BrianBruderer

Yes , you can however from my experience when these trees first came out it will not show as planned.

I did that for some people before Brian had put the actual 16x25 prop on his website. Also I didn’t know Brian had designed the SS prop file for it until he and I discussed the situation on the phone.

now if your donor sequence doesn’t include images or words you can probably get away with the method I was using and no one would ever know.

The people I helped were pleased to have lights however the sequence was not playing the same design as the actual sequence was set up on a straight  12 or 16x50 tree.

Not sure if Brian has cane out with a new way to get the full effects since I haven’t helped any people with the 16x25 trees in a while.

I think the way he is being referred to is resizing the current straight trees to larger or smaller sizes which is very easy in SS. But as mentioned doesn’t work well on folded trees.

Maybe Brian will chime in.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

dibblejr noted "when these trees first came out it would not show as planned." I think he is referring to the fact that for a while there was a bug that I introduced that happened when you exported "half length" ribbons in CCR mode. The made it so only half each ribbon exported. That bug has been fixed and half length ribbons export properly in 4.3.34. Because the bug is fixed now, you can specify 8 ribbons in the CCR mode part of the Layout dialog box and it will create a grid of 16 half ribbons that will export properly onto the 16x25 tree.

However, even with that bug fixed, it is preferable to use the 16x25 visualization for the tree because it is a visualization of a 360 degree tree and you can import it in wrap around mode and then you can do spiral effects on the tree. There is a link to download the 16x25 visualization  at the bottom of the sequence purchase page on my website at www.superstarlights.com

Also, at the bottom of the sequence purchase page there are instructions on how to convert a sequence, below is a copy of those instructions. But I will first note that if you convert a full ribbon sequence to a 16x25 sequence you of course will lose detail in the effects because the resolution is lower. And also, a 360 degree tree has a different look to it. For example, in the case of Silent Night, many of the effects should look good, but the manger scene at the end isn't going to look good because of the decreased resolution. You can of course do manual modifications after the conversion that can help. As you can guess, the 16x25 sequences that I have at the top of my purchase page were created by first doing a conversion and then manually doing a lot of changes to improve upon the conversion.

16x25 LOR Tree

You can convert your sequences to play on the 16x25 360 degree tree that Light-O-Rama sells by doing the following:

1. Right click on this visualization of a 16x25 360 degree tree and select "save link as"
  2. launch SuperStar
  3. Click on the File menu and select "Open" and open your 12 CCR sequence
  4. Click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization" and import the attached visualization
  5. Click on the File menu and select "Save As" and save the sequence to something like "Christmastime_16x25"
  6. Click on the Edit menu and select "Select All"
  7. Click on the Tools menu and select "Move or Scale Selected Effects"
  8. In the "Move or Scale Selected Effects" dialog box select "Scale"
    The settings should be as follows for a 12 CCR sequence:
    Source Width=12  Dest Width=16
    Source Height=50 Dest Height=25
    click on "Ok"
  9. Click on the File menu and select "Save"
  10. Click on the File menu and select "Export to Sequence Editor"
    Note that you will need the 8 CCR superstar license to be able to export the sequence to the sequence editor

Also note that the visualization uses the default Unit IDs of 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, and 08 for the tree.
If you want different unit IDs for the tree, first you will use the Hardware Utility to set a Unit ID in the controller.
For example, if you set unit ID 18 in the Pixie Controller that comes with your tree kit, the controller will use unit IDs 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E and 1F for the 8 strings of the tree.
You then launch the Light-O-Rama visualizer and open the 16x25 360 degree tree visualization. On the right is a list, click on "Fixtures" to list the fixtures. Double click on each fixture in the list and change the Unit ID to match what you have set for your tree. You then will go through steps 1-10 listed above.

• Like 1

Brian, Thank you for the update, its been a while since I assisted anyone with this tree setup. This news is welcome.

it was nice talking to you at the mini. Always great to put a face with a name.

JR

• 3 months later...

I just want to add to this thread that as a complete Newbie who bought a LOR 16x25 tree with no real knowledge of what I was getting into... Brian has been a HUGE help and likely has established my interest into going deeper in the hobby. I can't thank him enough!