Light-O-Rama Forums

ORBITZ enclosure

Guest guest

I have the same problem I was told $34 from manufactires website after calling to see where to buy the boxs localy.. Guess what no one in ohio has them :(

Maybe HD can special order them for me I will ask them soon

Dale L

Scot Meyers wrote:

...I bought my boxes from lowes...

I really like those boxes. When I went to Orbit's website, they only list Home Depots within 50 miles of me. Neither Lowes nor HD has them online that I can find. I looked at my closest Lowes today, all they had was by Rainbird. Will check some HDs tomorrow. I have 5 stores within 15 miles of here.
jeff

Update,

I went to 4 of the 5 stores. 3 of them are large stores and didn't carry any Orbit systems yet. The stuff is seasonal in some stores I guess. The closest store is also the oldest in the area. It had all the parts and timers, but no boxes. The guy said he would order them for me, but that he would also call me if the seasonal order came in over the next month or so. I'm going to wait and see.

Our local Home Depot also did not carry them but after I told them that I spoke with the manufacturer, saying that they were listed on their website, the manager of our local store called to do a special order for me. He quoted me a price of $25 ea. No extra shipping charges like if you were to order direct. I also supplied manager with the toll free number to call. I've got 3 on the way.

Dremmel, that's no problem. What changes have you made???? Boxes are coming end of week hopefully, and LOR's shouldn't be far behind. I'm sure once I get everything I will see what changes you are suggesting.

Scott,
You will have to cut out the molded platic that bolts the electrical outlet to the box out and then you will have to cut out a center molded post that helps hold the front plastic plate on. you will see what i mean when they arrive. Otherwise its a works great!

dribbles wrote:

Thought it was less according to LOR?

Dimensions of CTB16D
The CTB16D dimensions with heat sink attached are 6-5/8" wide x 8-5/8" long x 2-1/8" tall.

I try to tell everyone that the cards are 9 1/4... They are actually almost exactly 9"....

I think that the 8-5/8" is the measurement of the heatsinks edge to edge but it does not include the triac mounting screws that stick out beyond them.

dribbles wrote:

Thought it was less according to LOR?

Dimensions of CTB16D
The CTB16D dimensions with heat sink attached are 6-5/8" wide x 8-5/8" long x 2-1/8" tall.

I know where you got that sentence .. because I wrote it.

Just to make sure everyone knows, the LOR Wiki site is not an official site!

The dimensions will be updated shortly.

ok does any one have a part number or something cause they guy at my home depot here in indy was a real jerk and he called me back said they could special order them but it would be $50.00 and i dont think thats right?

thank you:)

attachment.php?id=1909

model #57095 Photo Compliments of Scot Meyers

That is very wrong what they quoted you. I would ask to speak to the manager. When I told them I spoke with the manufacturer, also gave HD the phone number to call. I was quoted $25.00 each. Through the manufacturer, they were $34.00 plus shipping. If you can't deal with them, I would wait, if you can untill Light-O-Rama comes out with their new ones they have been talking about.