ORBITZ enclosure

Guest guest

Do you have an item number for these, or upc?? I went to my local Lowes and they looked at me like a with crazy, saying they didn't have anything like that. Of course, here in Upstate NY, theres gotta be something in the water, something not right.:laughing: Thanks

Is that 18 gauge wire you are using for output? Any tips on mounting controller inside. My first controller is on the way. I couldn't wait for the april sale to get started. for get xmas in july, why not start early.:tree:

again thanks

Scott:

To mount them in the box, most people use stnad-offs which raise the board. This will help keep the heatplates cooler and allows airflow under the board.

I was going to use a 4 dollar rubbermaid box with outlets mounted directly on the box, but I think that leaves too many possible water entry failure points. I like your enclosure.

Well, checked around here at the home depots. They do not carry them. Must be because not a lot of sprinkler systems in NY. So I have special ordered them through home depot. about $25 ea verse ordering direct from manufacturer at $34 plus shipping. I ordered 3, 2 for this year and maybe the 3rd one for next year. Maybe even sell on ebay.lol Thanks again

I checked both places. All our stores get into around here are just sprinkler timers. We do not have a lot of yards with sprinkler set-ups in upstate NY. I'm sure some huge lawn and garden store might have them but they are still closed for the winter. So I just put a special order in at HomeDepot. It was cheaper than ordering direct and also paying shipping. Thanks thou for the help.

I have the same problem I was told $34 from manufactires website after calling to see where to buy the boxs localy.. Guess what no one in ohio has them :(

Maybe HD can special order them for me I will ask them soon

Dale L

Scot Meyers wrote:

...I bought my boxes from lowes...

I really like those boxes. When I went to Orbit's website, they only list Home Depots within 50 miles of me. Neither Lowes nor HD has them online that I can find. I looked at my closest Lowes today, all they had was by Rainbird. Will check some HDs tomorrow. I have 5 stores within 15 miles of here.
jeff

Update,

I went to 4 of the 5 stores. 3 of them are large stores and didn't carry any Orbit systems yet. The stuff is seasonal in some stores I guess. The closest store is also the oldest in the area. It had all the parts and timers, but no boxes. The guy said he would order them for me, but that he would also call me if the seasonal order came in over the next month or so. I'm going to wait and see.

Our local Home Depot also did not carry them but after I told them that I spoke with the manufacturer, saying that they were listed on their website, the manager of our local store called to do a special order for me. He quoted me a price of $25 ea. No extra shipping charges like if you were to order direct. I also supplied manager with the toll free number to call. I've got 3 on the way.

YEAH BUDDY!!
Glad to see they helped you out.
Now you will need a dremmel to make changes for the Lor to fit but no real deal its really simple.

Dremmel, that's no problem. What changes have you made???? Boxes are coming end of week hopefully, and LOR's shouldn't be far behind. I'm sure once I get everything I will see what changes you are suggesting.