Light-O-Rama Forums

Major Show Problems with 2.0.12

Tim Fischer

I just discovered that I'm having delay issues and they may be related to X-10. The other night, when my one sequence that turns on 4 different modules had started, I noticed that the light display seemed to stop for a few seconds. Once the first X-10 module turned on, everything caught back up. It doesn't do it every time, just once in a while. Tonight, I was watching for a few minutes and notice another delay in another portion of the show. I'm just wondering if this is similar to Tim Fischer's delay issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Fischer

• TomD

• mmaness

• Push Eject

Just thought (while I'm sitting here doing nothing else) to send along to everyone that's interested how my X10 is working.

First, the setup - I'm running ten X10 channels this year for various static items. I have a 15 minute startup sequence that first kicks on the FM transmitter, stereo amp (for outdoor speakers), inflatable fan, and 'tune to' sign. The main reason is that the inflatable carousel (8 footer) takes about 10 minutes to fully inflate. So I let it inflate before starting the motor and lights (I cut the wires and put the lights and motor on a different X10 circuit from the fan). After 10 minutes, I start turning on the rest of the X10 channels, about 10 seconds apart.

Then the main show starts. I'm using no background sequence ('cause it would also interfere with the inflatable), so the show and intermission have all X10 channels on. Since I'm running 2.1.6, I have the schedule to keep lights on at the end of the sequence.

With all the X10 channels I'm running, I'm experiencing NO slowdown, pauses, etc. It all works exactly like it should.

The PC I'm using is my IBM (now Lenova) laptop - an old T-30. It has a DB-9 port (serial), so the X10 hooks directly into the laptop. The X10 channels are all using one 20 amp circuit via a large 12 outlet power strip from Lowes. The CM11-A is also hooked to that same circuit, so I experience no problems with interference from any sources - and I'm running no filters.

So for me, this slowdown problem is a non-issue. I don't know if the latest/greatest LOR upgrade fixed this, or it's my laptop being pretty fast, or maybe my hookup. In any case, I'm well pleased with how everything is working. I couldn't ask for better.

Mike Maness

(edited for spelling)