Light-O-Rama Forums

New 13 Ribbon CCR Matrix God Bless The U.S.A

Holidaysequences

54 minutes ago, pedalyurassoff1 said:

I am new here for pixels.  Just bought a Mega Tree Kit from Light-o-rama.  Took me about 10 hours of fiddling to get it to work on my network.  Anyway, I thought for 1300 bucks, I should be able to turn it on its side as a horizontal matrix and use one string for the stars, two strings for the blue background, and thirteen strings for the stripes.  i have a regular lor 16 channel flag set up now, with the same configuration with the 16 channel controllers.  I was wondering if anyone has set a matrix up with the 16ccb mega-tree kit, and how they programmed it.  I can't see any of the videos posted on links here.  Don't know why.  

We don't sell Mega Tree 'kits'.  Are you sure what you purchased were actually LOR products and not from some company who is using our name/product names?

I used the strips from my 2 meter 12 ribbon tree and added a 13 ribbon and mounted them sideways.  (multi use for July 4th)  I took angels horizontal version and converted it from 50 pixels per strip to 100 pixels per strip (my strips are 60 pixels per meter)

worked out great, positioned the sequence with a short gap on the left and right to accommodate the 120 pixels.

each of the 13 stripes is a ribbon and the field and stars  occupy a portion of the first 7 strips with the remaining space for the stripe.

did not end up is exactly 50 stars but it is not really noticeable.

here is a youtube link  

the sequence is available from holidaysequences.com  it is available in both horizontal and vertical format.  Of course due to the lack of camera quality it is hard to see just how good this sequence is in person.  (does not include the flag stuff on the you tube link).

Dual duty using the 180 tree strips for july 4th (by adding a 13th strip) makes a GREAT flag for sequencing.  This is 1 meter wide by appox 3 feet high. zip tied to 3/4 PVC pipe.

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT Job Jerry... As you know I did this last year and it was one of the biggest hits. The matrix was the biggest hit last year and the video's on it turned out ok.. Just a little to bright if you are within 150 feet of it.  LOL

Jeff

• 2 years later...