5.963000    5.963000    B
6.759000    6.759000    B
7.593000    7.593000    B
8.424000    8.424000    B
9.258000    9.258000    B
10.091000    10.091000    B
10.919000    10.919000    B

This is what I get in the beat file.

I've updated LOR Tools to work with a Beat file where the third value is not a number (in ehgilman's case and when I tested, the third value was a B - LOR Tools was expecting a number).

So that should be fixed now.  I also made a change that should allow it to work on Win XP based machines (hopefully)

version 1.5 is available for any/all who would like it from the following location:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36645525/LORTools%20v1.5.zip

Joel

• Like 1

I've said thanks to both John and Joel before for the work they've done on trying to show how to do timings to us me.

But today is the first day I actually got the timings to import as something useful.

So :

A BIG FREAKING THANKS TO YOU BOTH!!

This slow boy is getting it now. Neither of you made 100% sense to me before & I just wasn't getting anything useful out of it.

Re-watched John's video and used Joel's tool (that doesn't sound right, but whatever..) and combined ---

Wow - very helpful timings are now in my sequence. Holy crap batman.... Oh yeah..... Come on.... Oh baby.... Shut up.

Combine this new timings knowledge with George's sequencing classes I took, maybe, oh yeah just maybe,

my sequences that I do myself - well, maybe they won't suck any longer....... 

Great info, stuff, tools, thanks a million for sharing.....

Want do you want for Christmas?

:wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

A friend of mine wanted to use the perl script without needing Perl and asked me if I could port it to Powershell. I did and thought I'd share it with you all in case any one else wants to use it.  I tried to keep it as close to the original script's usage as possible.  You can download it and get more help on github where it lives.

https://github.com/rmbolger/LightORama

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rmbolger/LightORama/master/Audacity2Lor.ps1

If I get some more free time, I may try either updating it or making a new version that has some of the improvements that have been suggested in the original script like direct editing existing LMS files and possibly auto-detection of polyphonic labels.

Enjoy.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

When I create a timing file and attempt to export it I get nothing,  No prompt no file nothing.  After the timing track is on the screen (timing creation works ) selecting export timing does nothing except on a poly file?  What could I be doing wrong? I re-loaded the newest version and reloaded the add on's.  I am selecting export timing from the menu.

I am having this same problem. Audacity shows the timing but refuses to export it at all, it is as though it was not there. I can get and export the POLY, but  not Beat or Noteonset.

Did anyone figure out why Audacity was not acknowledging the created lables for Beat or Noteonset ? In Audacity, I can edit those labled items, but just not export them at all.

Everything else seems to work normally as described -

I am having this same problem. Audacity shows the timing but refuses to export it at all, it is as though it was not there. I can get and export the POLY, but  not Beat or Noteonset.

Did anyone figure out why Audacity was not acknowledging the created lables for Beat or Noteonset ? In Audacity, I can edit those labled items, but just not export them at all.

Everything else seems to work normally as described -

Does it even create a file? Can you post what your files look like after you export them?  You can use notepad to open them and then post the results.

Does it even create a file? Can you post what your files look like after you export them?  You can use notepad to open them and then post the results.

For the POLY - yes, it prompts for a fiile name/location and then that file Poly.txt is as described in this thread - and works to be converted into a sequence file section.

For the Beat and others, no - no prompting and no file creation at all. However, Audacity indicates the label is there, and I can edit it, rename it, etc. using Audacity menu's. What I cannot do in Audacity is export a label for whatever reason.

Hmmm What version of Audacity and what version of Windows?  I have had a version or two of Audacity that gave me trouble.   I changed versions (went older) had had good luck.   

Does it make a difference which Label you create first?  It should not make a difference, but was wondering if maybe only your first label worked for export?  I usually delete the label after I export, then create a new label.

Hmmm What version of Audacity and what version of Windows?  I have had a version or two of Audacity that gave me trouble.   I changed versions (went older) had had good luck.   

Does it make a difference which Label you create first?  It should not make a difference, but was wondering if maybe only your first label worked for export?  I usually delete the label after I export, then create a new label.

I am working with Win7pro, using Audacity 2.1.0 and Queen Ann V1.7 tools.  These were the downloads suggested in this thread - I just double checked and only POLY works - none of the other Queen Ann labels work to export, but Audacity does show them, and otherwise lets me edit/etc. those created labels in Audacity - just not export other than POLY.

I will look into finding an older Audacity to download and test - that may be the issue. Only 11 more months until the show.

I just Checked, I am using  Audacity 2.1.1 and Queen Ann V1.7 but with XP   

I just installed Win 10 and will check after I get that setup to convert.

I just Checked, I am using  Audacity 2.1.1 and Queen Ann V1.7 but with XP   

I just installed Win 10 and will check after I get that setup to convert.

Thanks for the reference and I will try Audacity 2.1.1.  As a note - Win10 can be as slow as syrup in winter - I have a couple of Win10 systems that routinely cause programs to "not respond" for seconds at a time - never a problem on those boxes with Win7 , but since Win10.  There might be nice things in Win10, but I have not seen anything yet.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to rename the "labels", because the default name of "Bar and Beat Tracker: Beat Count..." is an invalid windows file name (colon). So rename the labels (we call them timing marks or beat track) by clicking on the name and renaming to whatever you want. If you don't do this the "Export Labels" function doesn't work. You won't get an error, it just doesn't do anything.

• Like 2

You need to rename the "labels", because the default name of "Bar and Beat Tracker: Beat Count..." is an invalid windows file name (colon). So rename the labels (we call them timing marks or beat track) by clicking on the name and renaming to whatever you want. If you don't do this the "Export Labels" function doesn't work. You won't get an error, it just doesn't do anything.

Thanks very much. I should have caught that, but did not look at what the label default name was...

A friend of mine wanted to use the perl script without needing Perl and asked me if I could port it to Powershell. I did and thought I'd share it with you all in case any one else wants to use it.  I tried to keep it as close to the original script's usage as possible.  You can download it and get more help on github where it lives.

https://github.com/rmbolger/LightORama

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rmbolger/LightORama/master/Audacity2Lor.ps1

If I get some more free time, I may try either updating it or making a new version that has some of the improvements that have been suggested in the original script like direct editing existing LMS files and possibly auto-detection of polyphonic labels.

Enjoy.

I love PowerShell! And will try this tonight.

Has anyone else used the Powershell version?