Light-O-Rama Forums

lor causing my kitchen lights to blink

FDNY260

HEY , I FOUND A WAY TO STOP THE FLICKERING OF LIGHTS INSIDE OF THE HOUSE...

Okay, after reading the post here, seems obvious that no one had a definitive answer to this problem so after rocking my mind for a day or two I finally got it.

Okay, this is what you do.

1. Stop all shows

2. Start the LOR Hardware Utility and Press the refresh so it can identify all your boxes

4. The at the bottom, press the Configure option and when you get there set the intensity range from 100% to 86% Maximun and the 10% Minimun power. Pick each unit at the time, one by one pressing update every time . Do this procedure with each box, then exit the Hardware Utility.

5 After all of the Units are take care off, run your show, call your wife to where the lights were flickering (in my case all over the house) and show her the good news.

I am very confident that that should work for all of you having this problem. I want all of you to have a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year.

Alex from Eugene, Oregon

288 Channels

In case anyone doesn't realize it, the above solution means your lights won't burn quite as bright, and they won't ever be totally off without killing the power to the controllers. I also don't think CTB-08's have this capability...

-Tim

I tried with the lights at 10%min 86%max. for a day. It also works with the lights at 0% min 86%max. I ran the show that way and you don't ever see any difference when the light are all at max power (program wise is 100 but the box only delivers 86% max) believe me. No difference what so ever. Well, maybe one difference---

NO FLICKERING INSIDE THE HOUSE DRIVING US CRAZY

I believe it is worth a try, if it doesn't work for your system you can always go back to your normal settings. oh, by the way, when the box runs at the 10-86% ratio you always see a bit of light on some lights (the minis that come in groups of 20 - I guess because the use a lot less power than the 100 bundles) however, when the whole show ends all lights go 100% off.

anyway, just try the 0% - 86% power ratio if you have the flickering problem - believe me you got a lot more to gain trying it than not.

Any questions?