Light-O-Rama Forums

Must be something I missed

Calhoun lights

Still a newbie, but have been using a light o rama 16 circuit AC controller for a year. Upgraded to advanced this year and trying to connect a dumb led string. I have it connected and most functions are working. I can turn the lights on and off, set the intensity, do twinkle and shimmer, but the lights are always white. I set up a color fade, setting both ends of the fade to the same color and it does the fade but the lights are white. Where do you select the color you want the lights to be? Thanks for any help and a GREAT BIG THANKS for all the information you share on these forums.

Calhoun Lights

Bob

Bob,

A couple questions.

What is the connections to the LED strip? 

Are you using your AC controller to power it or a DC controller?

Is it an RGB strip or one color?

After we know those answers we should be able to go further...

Thanks for the prompt reply. The set up is lap top connected to holiday coro's dongle, dongle to holiday coro's three channel controller. This controller is set screw connection only. Using pins one and two in a cat five connector for dmx + & -. Power is from a 12 volt power supply. The light connection is yellow positive and reg, blue, green negative. I called the lights a strip, but it's just a string of 50 pixcel's.

Hope this helps.

Bob,

Also remeber that you are dealing with RGB. Each node (I am going with NODE because you indicated a +12 and each color on its own wire) is seen as 3 channels.

Create an RGB channel in sequencer and match your DMX channels (as Dennis mentioned)  and Universe

If you have already done such.. then issue is most likely that you are working off the black RGB programming line ... Look to the left of the RGB channel info and you will see a Red, Green and Blue box .. click that and it will expand the color channels ... From there you can then turn on each color seperately as a part of the whole RGB channel.

If you work off the black line, you will apply what ever you put in there fade, on, etc .. evenly across all 3 channels and you get of course ... white ..

Hope it helps

Bob (no.. the other Bob ...)

Edited by bob_moody

Bob M. Thanks for the additional info. I have looked at your post's and website. You do a great job. I would like to add a large prop to my display once I figure this dmx out.

The other

Bob