Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR visualization plug-in for WMP

Guest guest

love it but can you use it with steaming music? I havent tryed upgrading wmp (running 9) but it will put up the station info is there a way to force it in to the vis.

another great program is disco litez but dose not support lor boards. if someone could make a plug in for it it would be 200 times better.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul C

• t2gren

• Surfing4Dough

• james campbell

I only have 8 channel controllers (actually D-Light, not LOR) and thought that 8 might not be very useful. But, once started on my #1 controller, I double clicked on the screen, changed the drop down to #2, clicked Apply and both controllers began working. Then I did #3 and #4. All four began responding to the visualization.

• 7 months later...

I downloaded the LORVis software to my HP laptop that I have the LOR software installed for my 8 channel controller.

I used the Hardware Utility for my controller to configure the serial connection. It used COMM9 for the controller, and my light program works perfectly through the LOR routine.

However, when I use Windows Media Player with the LORVis visualization set, it does not activate the controller to run the lights. I checked the setup on the screen in Windows Media, and noticed that the only comm ports available on HP laptop is 1 through 4. However, the controller is set up on Comm 9 (which I am using the USB adapter to run to the controller. So I assume that it is using the USB connection as a “virtual” comm port.

I tried to use the manual configuration in the Hardware Utility, but there are only two ports showing (3 and 9). The port 3 however is “assigned” to the x10 capability, so I get a conflict when I changed the controller to Comm 3.

Are you aware of this problem with the visualization, and do you know of a “solution” to assigning a comm port (1 through 4) on the HP laptop?

Thanks

• 4 years later...

Very very useful for party's, I plan on using it for this years Halloween party. Will just change all 4 controllers to node 1.
Sometimes I have to bring up LOR hardware utility to get the communications going, I then run WMP then it picks up.

Thank you Merit, for spending the time to build this. Most awesome

It's actually pretty hard to get it to look good based on the frequency spectrum and waveform of the music (which is all you get) so its certainly not something you would use for a display, but its kind of fun to have your whole room lighting up with your music.

It works great for shows. I like to set each channel for a 50Hz spread at about 1400 Hz spread from each channel in frequency at peak. Able to get some nice snap to each channel with most music.

Thanks again.

Paul C wrote:

Very very useful for party's, I plan on using it for this years Halloween party. Will just change all 4 controllers to node 1.
Sometimes I have to bring up LOR hardware utility to get the communications going, I then run WMP then it picks up.

Thank you Merit, for spending the time to build this. Most awesome

Definitely wins oldest thread revival of the week award. :shock:

112373d1191614304-look-wat-what-came-in-the-mail-holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg

Back in the day when this thread was started, gasoline prices averaged $2.33 per gallon. :) The good ol' days.