Light-O-Rama Forums

Best way to quickly change from one "Show" to another?

Robert Burton

Bob this is just flat out cool. Now...question I have for you. Is there anyway to run this with a network OFF THE INTERNET?  Reason I ask is that using a Sandevices e682, it sucks the internet connections going wifi. I mean kills it. Sooooo, the showtime computer cannot be on the internet.  Is there a way that it can be used on a separate network that is not on the internet???

I'm guessing you're using multicast.  With Unicast, I found that my Wifi did just fine, since the packets are routed directly to the appropriate units, and didn't even make it on WiFi.  I'm still running my show off the main home network, but had it on the network during setup and testing.

If all else fails, get a second network card for your PC, and then you can route the E1.31 traffic on one card (only) and your home network on the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this is a little late but I agree with Tim and I use a unicast setup as well but I still wanted to have my lightshow on its own network and I have been using 2 network cards. I left one card on the router DHCP and I have assigned the LOR Network a static ip 10.10.10.50 subnet 255.0.0.0 and you can set the e682 to static ip 10.10.10.15 it will select subnet 255.0.0.0 automatically. You can connect the computer directly to a switch or to the e682 no router needed. I use Joshua P12S but should make no difference.This way I have no lag and I can watch Netflix and Vudu without any problems and MIIP works perfect this way also.