Light-O-Rama Forums

Live, Online Training Classes - Interested?

Don

As for class announcements: I will always announce them via this newsletter. Be sure to choose the "Light-O-Rama News and Information newsletter" so you get the information. You are, of course, free to sign up for any other newsletter you wish.

I *may* announce them here in the forums as well, but the newsletter will get published first.

Thanks Don for another great class.  I am definitely practicing with the things I learned from you.  If I can figure out how to change the default drive back to C: drive then I will let you know if the keymap can be picked up from in there on Windows 8.  I've already wasted 2 of my license installs, One on Server 2008 (I actually wanted it to run all the shows since it's only duty is to run a website) which doesn't seem to like it very much and one on a laptop of which within 3 days the hard drive crashed.  If I'm correct you only get 5 installs.  I've got my new hard drive and am going to put windows 7 on it before I install again on it. That will have used up 4 installs and I've only had it a couple months. :( Oh well .  I do want to get it working on Win 8 tho as this PC is where I want to do the programming and then transfer to the laptop for testing on real lights!  I let you know if I do get it working on windows 8 tho.

Jerry H

Well Don I figured out my problem with the keymap.  I pulled up the keyboard preferences and I noticed I could make my own map, so I did.  Then I went searching to see where it saved it.  What I found was that I guess when I set P: drive to be default it created files withing files.  When I clicked on sequences, inside was a whole new set of the same folders including KeyMap.  I found the new map I created in there. Moved your keymap into that folder and behold all is wiorking now!  Go figure!  If anyone else like the guy in last nights class runs into this they might look to see if this happened to them!

Edited by Eaglesclaw