Light-O-Rama Forums

Live, Online Training Classes - Interested?

Don

I've thought about offering live, online training classes on Light-O-Rama software. These could be one-on-one, or group classes. The classes would be aimed towards those who are just getting started with the LOR software, or those who may want to learn more about it. 

There would be a topic set on what would be covered in the session, plus participants would be able to dial in via phone (or use their computer microphone/speakers) to ask questions in real time.

I'm thinking classes will be at least once a month, and at least an hour in length. There may be some repeat classes, etc., in case you miss one. There is also an option to watch the sessions at a later time. The 3rd party company that would host the training sessions allows the organizer to record the session and make it available for playback at a later date.

Some questions for everyone:

1) If you are relatively new to LOR, would this be something you are interested in?

2) Would you be willing to pay a small fee for either the live sessions or recorded sessions?

You can let me know here, or by sending me a PM.

• Like 1

I've thought about offering live, online training classes on Light-O-Rama software. These could be one-on-one, or group classes. The classes would be aimed towards those who are just getting started with the LOR software, or those who may want to learn more about it. 

There would be a topic set on what would be covered in the session, plus participants would be able to dial in via phone (or use their computer microphone/speakers) to ask questions in real time.

I'm thinking classes will be at least once a month, and at least an hour in length. There may be some repeat classes, etc., in case you miss one. There is also an option to watch the sessions at a later time. The 3rd party company that would host the training sessions allows the organizer to record the session and make it available for playback at a later date.

Some questions for everyone:

1) If you are relatively new to LOR, would this be something you are interested in?

2) Would you be willing to pay a small fee for either the live sessions or recorded sessions?

You can let me know here, or by sending me a PM.

1). Yes

2). Yes

Great idea Don. I've done a couple one on one training classes. I also went to LOR "shot-gun" class last year to help. A whole lot to take in 1-day especially if your very new. Definitely 1 hr not enough if your going to have open to questions.

hey Don,  you have any idea on what sort of classes you would are considering to offer? are you talking about the same as the basic videos that LOR has out there or more in depth and more into sequencing and how different affects are created?

thanks,

garhett

Garhett

I didn't have anything set in stone with regards to content. If that's something you want to see then I'd bet others would add well. I can add it to the list of topics.

i would be interested in learning how to create different effects in the sequence editor.  probably other topics too.  im sure there is a lot that i have not even had to think about yet that i will get hit with soon. 

Edited by gc75067
  • Like 1

I can do a session on effects in the sequence editor. May do that as a freebie test run type of deal.

This is a terrific idea to do a test run.  How soon are you looking to start this?  I think I have this years display set in stone now, still building the elements though.  But soon I need to get back into sequencing which is not my favorite part of this hobby.  Maybe your seminars can change that for me.

How soon are you looking to start this?

I may try a test run this weekend, or one evening next week. (Perhaps even both.)

I would be interested in on-line classes.  If you do a test run this weekend, I will try to attend.  Evenings create a problem with timing.  Make it too early and the west coast people are still at work (or commuting home - why I have been unable to watch the ones that smeighan has been doing), and if you make it too late, the east coast people are headed to bed. Pretty tight window - and I'm not even considering the international participants.  Although we all hate to give up weekend time, it can be a lot easier to schedule when time zones are involved.

Jim,

Believe it or not, if I ended up holding the class on a weeknight, I actually considered two sessions. Right now it's looking like it not be on Saturday. Maybe Sunday, or one evening next week.

This will be my first year so yes to both. How about Superstar as well?

I can go over some of the basics on the Superstar software. Truthfully, though, it might be a session where a bunch of people get together and figure it out all at the same time. I can do some basic stuff with it. I still have to 'remember' how do use it from year to year though.

Right now the plan is to try and have a test run either late Sunday evening, or one (or two) nights next week.

If you would like to be notified via email as to when the session will be, then sign up for our Light-O-Rama News and Information newsletter via this link.

You will see 3 lists available. Make sure you subscribe to the Light-O-Rama News and Information newsletter, as that is where I will send out the details. (I will try and post them here as well.

I don't yet have an agenda for the test run, but will put said topics into the announcement.

Fantastic idea.  I am an LOR newbie and whatever training I can get I would love to get!!  Much easier to make it to an online course than to travel somewhere to attend a course in person

Can't do the Wednesday session as I leave work at the scheduled start time.  Looking forward to the later session.