Light-O-Rama Forums

HolidayCoro's Tiny pix

zanclus

I would first like to say thanks to everyone who have shared their knowledge. I am going to purchase another Actidongle for this season. Next season I will then use the E1'31 route.  My setup will be as follows:

Computer-----Actidongle----->Tinypix----->ws2801s

----->Actidongle----->Tinypix----->ws2801s

----->Actidongle----->Tinypix----->ws2811s

----->Enttec. Open-----> HC 27 channel controller-----> dumb  strips with Coro stars and canes. 

All controllers are mounted in waterproof boxes and will be mounted within 5' of 1st pixel. Power will be injected as needed...

Keep in mind that all of the Actidongles  have the same internal ID and they need to be unique before your PC will recognize them.

There's a software utility supplied by Holidaycoro that does this. And there's a video that shows how.

The other USB-DMX controllers have unique IDs already.

Keep in mind that all of the Actidongles  have the same internal ID and they need to be unique before your PC will recognize them.

There's a software utility supplied by Holidaycoro that does this. And there's a video that shows how.

The other USB-DMX controllers have unique IDs already.

I already set the units to their own separate I.D.'s.  Have everything tested and ready for install in October.

I believe they only 3 channel

The TinyPix is a 170 pixel, RS-485 based controller.  It was designed to fill the need between the centralized controllers such as the SanDevices and J1Sys and basic/dumb RGB.  While it does have a 3 channel "dumb macro" mode, it is designed for pixels to be individually controlled.

I am using the holidaycoro dongle with the tiny pixel controller and it does slightly stutter from time to time but not that noticeable for what I am doing with it.

I will invest in a Enttec Pro next year.

Tracy -

Please get in touch with me - there should not be ANY "stutter" from the ActiDongle or the TinyPix.  If any of these items are not 100% we want to determine the cause and get you a replacement if there is a problem.

Thanks,

David

I am using the holidaycoro dongle with the tiny pixel controller and it does slightly stutter from time to time but not that noticeable for what I am doing with it.

I will invest in a Enttec Pro next year.

After communicating with Tracy, he was reffering to the "RS-485 Programmer Cable" we sell and not the ActiDongle.  The programmer cable isn't designed for DMX output (even though it does) in a production display and we don't support it for that use - just programming and testing.  Sorry for the confusion on which DMX output device was being used.  An ActiDongle (an Enttec Pro clone) is designed for production DMX output.