Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there any way to reverse a loop?

shtonkalot

Does anyone know if it is possible to reverse a loop?

Say I have a loop that spans 30 secs of sequence and I have it set to repeat 20 times at a 33% speed increase. Can I just have that reversed so it will then slow from the fast speed it reached back to it's original speed? So I want a second loop that does the opposite of the first loop.

I can't find any options to do so. I was thinking i may be able to achieve the same effect by altering the timescale and then setting the now much faster sequence to slow down over repetitions and then again alter the timescale back to normal.

I couldn't find a way to alter the timescale mid sequence though, is this possible?

Hoping there is a way but if not then I'd like to request some reversing tools for the sequencer.

Copy and paste with invert selection option would do, as long as it could work for loops to reverse the effects of the loop.

I have a feeling the loop interface may have to be changed to achieve what I'm after.

Say I have a loop that spans 30 secs of sequence and I have it set to repeat 20 times at a 33% speed increase. Can I just have that reversed so it will then slow from the fast speed it reached back to it's original speed? So I want a second loop that does the opposite of the first loop.

I can't find any options to do so. I was thinking i may be able to achieve the same effect by altering the timescale and then setting the now much faster sequence to slow down over repetitions and then again alter the timescale back to normal.

I couldn't find a way to alter the timescale mid sequence though, is this possible?

Hoping there is a way but if not then I'd like to request some reversing tools for the sequencer.

Copy and paste with invert selection option would do, as long as it could work for loops to reverse the effects of the loop.

I have a feeling the loop interface may have to be changed to achieve what I'm after.

have you looked at "ItsMeBobo" Flip program?  Might do what you want.

Say I have a loop that spans 30 secs of sequence and I have it set to repeat 20 times at a 33% speed increase.

<snip>

You realize that the loop timing you just gave will result in the fastest loop completing in about 1/10 of a second?

have you looked at "ItsMeBobo" Flip program?  Might do what you want.

Looking into it now, thanks for the tip.

You realize that the loop timing you just gave will result in the fastest loop completing in about 1/10 of a second?

I sure do, that's intended. The sequence is across 6 lights and the effect I'm going for is them "rotating" (fading from one light to the next in a circle clockwise) at an increasing speed until it gets about as fast as you can pick up with your eye and then reversing the pattern so it "unwinds" (fades lights in reverse order to rotate anti-clockwise) initially at the same speed and then slowing down back to the speed the first "spin" started at.

Does that make sense?

I was able to nearly achieve this effect as I wanted by fiddling with timing grids and reordering channel copies in a group then copying and pasting and deleting unneeded stuff..

Was a lot of counterintuitive moves to come up with something not quite what I wanted though.