Light-O-Rama Forums

How many songs will you have for Christmas 2007?

Dale W

Steve Nanning wrote:

This is my first year, with my Mighty-16 Channel system.

Steve, welcome to the madness! Let's see a picture of your house lit up!

Cheers,
Charlie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dale W

• James Shelby

• jpohio

• Robin

I've decided that I have not given myself enough time to complete a sequence like Fantasmic! so this years display will just include 2 shows: Believe...in Holiday Magic and Standing in Motion. I think this will give me a change to improve the first two and get more ideas for my favorite fantasmic.
It still looks great!
Greg

• 11 months later...

I am new to LOR have done woden projects for years, I have made 8 deer 3-D style and a 3-D sleigh,3-D interlocking tree I line with rope lights, I have bought 2 controllers and want another by next weekend, So I will start my first year with 48 channels, I have been working on three songs for two weeks and I can't quite get them right, I am computer savy and have no problem with quick copy and paste features but my mind is trying to do it all at once, I even made two leaping archs and got them working in the garage, I want to thank each and every one of you who share all your ideas and I hope I can get my wish list complete by Thanksgiving night because I turn the lights on every year at thanksgiving for the last 22 years. Hope to have done. Thank all who post helpfull info. I will post some pictures when I get everying up and running.

Sleigh Ride -TSO

Christmas Canon-TSO

Carol O the Bells-Monique Danielle

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years, I've found that the more songs I put into the mix the longer people stay around. Normally this isn't a bad thing until you get a traffic jam infront of the house and people start blowing their horns.

Most of my neighbors enjoy the display but they don't like the extra cars it brings! So I keep the shows short to keep the traffic moving along!

I have 12 songs sequenced and only run 3- 4 songs at any given time. Each week I change out the songs so that repeat visitors can get a new show each week!

i am a newbie for LOR this year, using my old static display set up. using 32 channels and 8100 mini ... for now. my show will run just over 30 min and 5 min break between. my song list:

intro/break = 6yr old niece doing 5min,3min,1min and 5sec count to start show
Reflections of Earth -- intro & chaos
Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms
Rockin' around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
2 songs from Nutcracker -- Tea & Candycane, each about 1 1/2 min
Sleigh Ride - instramental
THX-Pixar Intro
Christmas 24/7 - TSO
Wish Liszt - TSO
Wiz in Winter - TSO
Candlelight Processional - 5 1/2 min medley from EPCOT
Fantasmic Finale

sorry had to use all the TSO, and used to work at DisneyWorld for 12 years so have a love/hate feeling for the rat, but the music is too good for LOR!!!

• The topic was locked