Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Family Controller Fund

ItsMeBobO

well i wish this years winners  a very happy merry Christmas and happy new year

and to everyone here as well

since my purchase of  my software kit i've been trying to get a controller to get my display off the ground but i have not much success (finances) 

so for the 2013 season my shows are at this point "on hold "

i'm not sure what this would do for my licence  whether it will be still good or not  since not able to use it this year 

maybe next year :)

so: may everyone have a merry Christmas and a happy new year

the laceys

UPDATE!!!

as of  yesterday thanks to BobO and his list of donors 

we WILL be able to do a show this season 

the equipment we needed should be here a couple more days 

to repeat a famous quote ......

"Let There Be  Light"

lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• greywolf

• Herbaclaus

• DougP

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, wish I would have seen this posting last year when I started LOR..  I found myself breaking the bank rushing out to buy controllers and everything in year one as a joke to outdo a friend of mine. Picked up some used units, but I'm really trying to figure out how people fund their LOR projects year to year..  I've already busted next years budget buying up 20K more lights.  Ok, I'm no longer talking to that friend (not due to the light competition haha) but I find it hard to not want to the display next year anyways.

Great to see people so willing to help out those wanting to start this type of activity.

• 2 weeks later...

just watch for it,

BobO will announce somewhere in here when the contest is to start 

i don't know where ... yet :P

i'm planning to add to the donations this year :D

Edited by greywolf

Save a few bucks in a jar and catch the end of the year sale for lights. You can find lights almost every place you go. Cut several deals at the flea markets in my days. Glad Bobo pulled it all together and made it happen.

Bobo, Please let me know when you start this program back up and I have a 100$ bill burning my pocket up for you.

Jeff

Hello All!

Not sure on how to open with out blowin a fuse or two  so I'll stay a little dim till I'm known a little better. I am new here but not to forums so with any luck I should not stumble around the site to much. I became interested in LOR while searching the internet for DC lighting solutions for landscaping. I am currently in the 2nd year of a four year project in my back yard were I am installing the great china wall, a couple ponds, waterfalls and an in ground swimming pool in the spare time. So since I had a few spare minutes I decided to look into the lighting possibilities.

Along with the outdoor activities going on I have recently been informed that I closely resemble "Scrooge" from Thanksgiving to New Years. I do not hang light or other deco around the house and on and on. Well to set things straight I am not a Scrooge, I like the simple things, Christmas has become Shopping, hanging lights, taking them down , unpacking things and then packing them back up again,,,ENOUGH I say.

So here I sit,, looking at pages and pages of controllers, RGB this and Led that's all over the place, and yes........ power supplies. What man does not like large power supplies. I hope there are many knowledgeable folks here to help me along the journey. I am a low voltage guy (telecommunications DC voltages) but am looking to crank out a high impact light show for not only the Christmas season but also my landscaping project. As I do a little more exploring I will start to post pics about my project along with an endless stream of questions.

Neal

Hi  nam1956 

The  2013 newbie fund is closed.     For 2014 there will be a new thread.  I will try to remind you to post there when its time.  

Bob-O