Light-O-Rama Forums

Lor With Multiple HolidayCoro 3 Channel DMX Controllers

strungUP

"I left my flood outside and it started raining"

LOL .. for some reason I find that ironically funny ... raining in Sun Valley ...

(sorry.. at work.. bored to tears ... )

You will have fun mapping out the DMX address's now that you are on your way. When I ordered pre-assigned floods they were lower DMX address's. (7, 11, 15, 23 ect.)

So if you can set the starting address of the renard board you can probably make it with 1 universe.

From what I understand, the Renards address will have to be set on the first pic(?) with a pic programmer. If anyone knows where to get one of those cheap let me know. Now I am looking at those 27 channel DC controllers that Ray has. Maybe 8 50 RGB bulb strings in the 8 rose bushes out front? This never stops does it? :(

I'm sure you heard the song, "It never rains in California, it pours". Well that song was true today!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update,  I have 5 coro floods built  using the 3 channel coro controllers and a Ray Wu 27 channel rgb board and all is working fine in DMX.  I also purchased a 

Renard SS24 Kit which I have assembled but I forgot to get the DMX code flashed on it, (actually I didn't know that LOR didn't speak Renardian)  So I am looking for a  

PIC programmer to flash DMX firmware so I can see if my first hand soldered board is any good.  Just like to say thanks to all who helped me.  I am currently building a 288 LED crowd blinder from 6 ebay 48 led 12v panels for cars.  6 panels should fit inside of a standard 500 watt Halogen light and I plan to control it with DMX.  When I purchased the advanced LOR software, it was cheaper if you got the starter pack which gets you a LOR 485 adapter and a Cat5 cable AND a discount on the software.  Thanks again everyone.  Off to find a PIC programmer!

• The topic was locked