Light-O-Rama Forums

Error Loading Sequence

Steven H

Using 3.8.0, used Instant Sequencer from Super Star on three songs, exported as a LMS file. Imported to SE 3.8.0 and all worked great. On the fourth song, got an error code seen here in the forums for Sequence Editor 2.? with no answers. The full error is: Error Loading Sequence, An Exception occurred! Type UTF Data format Exception, Message! Invalid Byte 2, (1) of a 3--Byte Sequence. Tried loading directly from the file, re-did the IS several times with no luck, I have not moved or tried that song on another computer with 3.7.0 yet. Any help? Ideas? Tnx!

Sounds like the sequence file is corrupt. Since you retried Instant Sequence several times with no luck, I'd guess that something is causing SuperStar to create a corrupt sequence file in that particular case (for example, maybe something about that particular media file that you're trying to use).

I know that there was a bug, which has been fixed in 3.9.0, where if the media file has an "international character" (e.g. maybe something like é or â or ç), then when SuperStar exported, it would create a sequence file which the Sequence Editor would be unable to read. So, my first suggestion is to check the name of the media file, and if it has any characters like that, rename it so that it does not. Then try instant sequencing again.

If that doesn't help, I suggest reopening this question in the SuperStar forum.

Tried other songs with no problem even changing to 44.1 sampling like this song in question. Just got done trying on a desktop with 3.7 SE and the same results. Will try more. Tnx Bob!