Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbee in Visualizer - Questions

Janet

Hi.

I have been using LOR for about 6 years but haven't tackled Visualizer until now. I've read through the tutorial and even played with some of the features.

1. My show area consists of two houses with a pasture in between. Am I supposed to try to take a photo of the entire area? If I use three different photos, will the "Instant Sequence" feature in SuperStar even work?

2. My Mega Tree consists of 108 strands of lights (6 colors). How do I do that when it limits me to fewer channels?

3. Is it even worth me spending the time during off-season if I've been doing without it for these past 6 seasons?

Thanks for any and all answers/suggestions.

Janet

1-You could use a single wide photo. Or you could create separate files for each house. Or you could Take 2 pictures, skip the center, and use a photo editing program to stitch them together. You'll have to ask Brian about instant sequence on the Super Star board.

2-You have an 18x6 Mega Tree. 18 Bundles, each with 6 colors (channels).

3-Only you can decide that.

Thank you for the help. I've been watching a few tutorials on youtube and searching for panorama programs. I think I'll probably try to stitch three photos together.

As for the mega tree, would I just place the 6 sections on top of each other? My tree consists of 108 strands of 100-lights all coming down in two's (two reds-two yellows-two greens, etc). I guess I'm just going to have to play.

Thanks,

Janet

No. Use the megatree wizard. Tell it you have an 18 Bundle tree. Set the other options as needed.

Now edit each of the 18 bundles and assign the 6 channels. OR use the Channel Wizard on the Tree prop and assign them that way.

• 5 months later...

Janet,

Did you ever find how to create the picture of your two houses and field.  I have the same issue of a very wide (120') property.  I have taken 3 separate pictures (left, center and right) at a low resolution and used a photo editor to to trim and stitch them together.

The visualize screen has a limit on the width.  When you exceed the limit you have to use the scroll bar to view.  Would like to keep the picture on the one screen.  When I reduce the size it tends to get distorted. 

At this point, I think I will use the props without a background picture unless anyone has any more ideas.

Try this: Take HIGH res photos of your property. Bring them into the photo editor and stitch them into one HIGH res photo. Size them (aspect ratio) for Visualizer, THEN resample the high res image at a lower resolution and save that for use in the Visualizer.