• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smjosephrn

• beeiilll

• RickMosher

• rstephenrrtx

Ricky Parker wrote:

I can't get my picture at the right size.

An image size of 800 x 600 pixels works pretty well. When I load the picture I increase the resolution of the grid two or three times (by pressing the + button).

Also, if you hide the controls on the animation window the image will resize to fit the window. You hide the controls by pressing the green double left arrow in the upper left corner.

See also: iresq (above)

• 2 months later...

How exactly does the visualizer work. I opened mus. sequence, then View - show audio visualizations and all I get is a small screen at top left of desktop with some weird LOR video.
Any help is appreciated.
Judy

• 1 month later...

I played with Holidaysoft visualizer earlier this year and just downloaded it again to see what's changed. I believe this is a case of software being WAY to complicated to achieve what it needs to do. Lots of bells, whistles, controls but even my being a network engineer/former programmer, I found that it is not very intuitive to use or learn. I think it is more geared towards professional show designers than us yard designers. Do I really want all that complexity or just be able to design some sequences and have an idea what they will look? For me putting a picture in LOR so I can see what it will look like is enough. JMHO.

I like Holiday Light Designer.

Unfortunately they raised the price this year and there is no announced date for any upgrade beyond "next year". The last fix/upgrade was January 2009 I think.

It has problems with resources and can be slow and sluggish.

Here's a pic of what my layout looks like.

Attached files 187685=10609-HLDScreenshot1a.jpg

Yeah I purchased HLD before the price jumped, but I don't use it because it's not very easy to use. I tried to do some arches and nearly lost my mind doing so. I did some reading and as it turns out you need to know something like photo shop to create your designs and then import them into HLD. I do like how you can move things around though, if LOR only had cut and paste in the visualizer I would be most happy.

-Pat