Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Visualizer?

Guest guest

Hey guys-
I am about to place my order- but am curious about the software. Does LOR have the ability to load in a picture of your house and then draw Christmas lights over hte picture- so when you playback the sequences, you can get an idea of what it's going to look like on your house? I see the old school one where you just draw your lights in on the grid- but didn't know if you could load a real pic into it or not.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smjosephrn

• beeiilll

• RickMosher

• rstephenrrtx

azspecter wrote:

Hey guys-
I am about to place my order- but am curious about the software. Does LOR have the ability to load in a picture of your house and then draw Christmas lights over hte picture- so when you playback the sequences, you can get an idea of what it's going to look like on your house? I see the old school one where you just draw your lights in on the grid- but didn't know if you could load a real pic into it or not.

LOR I does not have the ability to load a picture.

We do not know if this is a planned feature of LOR II.

Don wrote:

azspecter wrote:
Hey guys-

It has been implemented in LORII

LightORama wrote:

Don wrote:
azspecter wrote:
Hey guys-

Wow! That is great! :waycool:

Michael B

• 4 weeks later...

LightORama wrote:

Don wrote:
azspecter wrote:
Hey guys-

Woo Hoo! Christmas in July!!!!! Thanks LOR!

• 3 weeks later...

LightORama wrote:

Don wrote:
azspecter wrote:
Hey guys-

Yippi. Glad to here that.

Dan, do you know if its going to be possible to load several pics, and transpose them over one another? Or can we only use one pic.

The reason I ask is because if we have the ability to load several pics then we can take a bare picture of our home and then place fixtures and what not were ever we want to.

If this is not capable you may want to consider intigrating .rpc files into LOR. If you want to know how RPC files work let me know. I use them all the time while doing renderings.

Now what would be WAY cool is a 3D animation screen...like load a bunch of pictures into it, and the SE just transforms them and pulls a 3D rendering out of it...and you can make your animation on that, and be able to move it, and everything! I saw this product microsoft is doing...They went to flickr photos and got ALL the ones of the Eiffel Tower ...idk...some famous building. Then, they just mixed them together, and got this HUGE 3D rendering...and you could zoom it...so every picture taken is just a help to the program...

You can go to www.holidaylightsdesigner.com and find out more...on their home page it shows that they are going to release VERSION 4...and if you click the demo video, it shows the software working in conjuction with Light-O-Rama's software...But, I think we'll have to wait until November until it's released.

BTW, Logan...since you were at PLUS, did they say much about it? Because all I see in the movie is lights on/off. Do they dim/fade?

And, $30 isn't a bad price for a light designing software...I wonder if their price will go up slightly with the addition of Version 4.

They just had a computer running it and you could play with it, I believe the fade and twinkle and shimmer are going to be added but it was not implemented at this point. They just had it there to show that it would eventually be working with it.

Since I am having to redesign all of my sequences (moving from 16 ch to 4 ch), is it worth laying out my design in LOR I before moving to LOR II? How is the migration facility of the .lcc files?

After seeing the Holidaysoft product, I'm excited about it for 2008.

I'm beginning to think that LOR II will not be in my 2007 display at all.

rns

• 4 weeks later...

the new animation screen is awesome, you can still draw your animation with lor 1, it should be able to be imported into lor 2, but if you want to import a picture of your house and draw over the picture, wait

bob

rstephenrrtx wrote:

Since I am having to redesign all of my sequences (moving from 16 ch to 4 ch), is it worth laying out my design in LOR I before moving to LOR II? How is the migration facility of the .lcc files?

After seeing the Holidaysoft product, I'm excited about it for 2008.

I'm beginning to think that LOR II will not be in my 2007 display at all.

rns

With LOR II your sequences and your lcc files can be used. You just open them up just like you do today. The software will notice that they are LOR I formatted files and convert them automatically.