Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB two color chase

cenote

Could you not also try this. Open up the first RGB Chanel, and in the first timing grid to the right of your green chase, add you fill color. Create another chase w/ paste from foreground exactly parallel to your green chase. Do the exact same thing to the left of the next chase. Than use the fill tool between.

Not quite. The final fill tool will cause a morph from the one color to the other. We're looking for a hard edge. (This is one of the things I tried).

I am probably missing something here, but couldn't you just start the original chase with the color fade tool. Choose a red to green fade as the chase color, than create a second chase with green to red. Than just use the fill tool between the chases.

If I understand you properly, I haven't been able to get them to line up that perfectly.

so then if the background effect button is pressed then it should ignore filled in cells correct?

Yes, that's the way it works with non-RGB channels, that's the way I'd expect (want) it to work with RGB channels. Instead, LOR is treating the component parts as separate channels, when they're related.

Not quite. The final fill tool will cause a morph from the one color to the other. We're looking for a hard edge. (This is one of the things I tried).

This is working for me. Are you working between two chases with different starting or ending channels? Or filling an area less than the full chase area that causes the issue? I tried twice, once with adding red between two green chases and adding pink between two green chase and had clean fills.

Steve

OK.. so how do you use the Chase tool in the RGB to chase only one color across many channels? That is the real staring place.

Am I missing the point that you are trying to fill between multiple (more than two) chases simultaneously? My fill is only between two single identical channel chases.

Steve

OK.. so how do you use the Chase tool in the RGB to chase only one color across many channels? That is the real staring place.

I'm not sure how this question applies to this thread. Are you asking how to do a chase with RGB.

Steve

Edited by steve synek

I'm not sure how this question applies to this thread. Are you asking how to do a chase with RGB.

Steve

I am perhaps off topic. I read so many threads I think I lost site of what this one was about. For some reason the last time I read this I was thinking about something that I was trying to do.. that was a single color chase across many channels.

I had already responded as to how I did what you were asking about.... Sorry for the confusion.. on my part! :wacko: