Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing part of a sequence from 9 to 16 channels?

kzaas

Couldn't you copy the existing sequencing for that element, then do a paste to fit, over the element with the new channels added?

If all the channels did the same thing, that would be good. On & off or all fading and shimmering/twinkling. But if not...

If your adding new channels, why would you copy and paste? The new channels I would presume would have their own effect (like a carry-on for fading in a sequence, chasing and other effects to complete that element of design/prop).

Not only that, you will have to re-adjust the other channels (for that design/prop) to include the new channels to keep the timing in check.

Example: I had 8 channels for 8 mini trees. Then I add 4 more. I will have to compensate the previous 8 channel's timing (shorten/adjust them) to incorporate the added 4 channels and keep the timing the same for that total design/prop for that effect for chasing/fading in sequence and such.

Edited by Santas Helper

I think you can "paste by time" which (I believe) spreads the copied section across a period of time, but I've used it so infrequently I may be wrong (most likely am) ..

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so after reading up on this thread. I'm going from 80 channels to 128 channels. I rearranged some of my channels and renamed them with new elements based on where they plug into a controller in the yard. Therefore, after all my planning, naming, schematics and sequencing new tracks; I now am going to the old 80 channel tracks and trying to add in the new 48 channels of elements. However, everything is all over, and can't just be added to the bottom. I have surmized that I am screwed. I wish I would have read this uncreated thread 2 months ago, lol.

This at least lets me know there is no easy way to accomplish what I want. Which at least helps me know the work I have ahead, and that it is as bad as I originally feared. Crap... oh well.

IMHO I think you're throwing in the towel too early.

You don't have to place new channels at the bottom. Place them where ever you want. You're just adding to an existing channel config.

If you do place them at the bottom, configure those new channels to how you want them based on where they plug into the controller in the yard.

Hope I explained that okay.

If anything, do one new element at a time instead of all 48 channels.

I've done this every year and it's not that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading all of this, I think the original question was....if I understood, was this, let's say you have a sequence written for 8 mini trees channels and you want to add 8 more mini tree channels. Is it possible to strech the exsisiting sequence of 8 channels across 16 channels.? That's the way I understand it.

I too use tracks, it's a whole lot easier to deal with