Light-O-Rama Forums

Music Position

Scooch

I am just getting started in this process. I am trying to do my first sequence but having to play the audio from the beginning all the time is driving me crazy. Is there a way to start playing from a point in the music that I designate, as opposed to the beginning of the song?

Any help is appreciated.

Take a look under the "Play -> Play Range" menu selection. There are options in there which may be of help.

Also, you can use the space bar to play from the currently select event. (Space bar will also stop the playing.)

What do you mean by "add a time line?" One other question. I started out by creating a template for my channels, labeling each channel with what they are. When I saved it, it saved with a file ext. of .las as opposed to .lms. I know that the sequences that I have seen that corispond to music are save with the .lms extension.

I sequence my songs without preset timelines.

In LOR terminology your 'timelines' would be the lines of the timing grid.

Scooch, he's saying basically what I said, just differently. He picks a spot in the sequence, and hits the space bar to play. If you use the Beat Wizard, or the Fixed Timing Grids (.05, .10, etc.) then you can start anywhere in the song by selecting where you want to start and hitting the space bar.

As for your template. Sounds like you started making your template with an animation sequence. This is good. When the software saved it to a .LAS file, it did the right thing. To save your template go to Edit -> Import/Export Channel Configuration -> Export Channel Configuration and save the file to a name you choose. That file will be saved with the .LCC extension.

When you go to need the Channel Configuration file for use in another sequence, go back to Edit -> Import/Export Channel Configuration -> Import Channel Configuration. Now you can select the LCC file for use in that sequence.