Light-O-Rama Forums

The New LOR CTB16PC is now being sold!

Guest guest

Hi,

We are happy to announce that the new DIY controller (The CTB16PC series) is now in stock and available at our online store.

A few people have asked me what the "PC" in CTB16PC is... here is a link to some more information about the new CTB16PC.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danielwh

Very nice. Prices look very good too. I love that you can put it all together and save money, but also decide what parts you want to get from LOR. It may be a little confusing to new LOR users, but it's great for us. :)

Scottsgrfx wrote:

Dan,

On your website, for these kits, it says standard heatsinks in the drop down for ordering, are these the heavy duty ones or are they not available for this.

Thanks, Scott

The Standard Heatsinks are almost the same as the heavyduty ones used on the CTB16K.... Just a little bit smaller but still pretty heavyduty.

Ponddude wrote:

Dan,

Are you going to put together a package like the older showtime products? Basically include the Cat 5 cable, the connector and the software?

Greg

Greg,

Had not planned to do so.

This may seem like a dumb question, BUT....is this like an introdutory pricing special, or will these new boards be included in tha annual sale. I was planning on getting two of the CTB-16D boards during the sale....but now I am considering going with these boards and maybe even getting more channels.

Maybe I should go ahead and get a couple of these now and then if they go on sale get another one or two :) :waycool:

How much do you think you would need to know about electronics and electricity to put these boards together CTB16PC. I was thinking about trying to build get one as it is a huge savings but I dont know if I would have the knowlege to put it together and I love to tinker/build with anything that moves or uses eletricity. I used one LOR1602W Computerized Lighting Controller this last season.

How much would I need to know and what is the hardest part of puting them together

Can you get a metal encloser with the (add opitions) kit

Ricky

Richard III wrote:

How much do you think you would need to know about electronics and electricity to put these boards together CTB16PC. I was thinking about trying to build get one as it is a huge savings but I dont know if I would have the knowlege to put it together and I love to tinker/build with anything that moves or uses eletricity. I used one LOR1602W Computerized Lighting Controller this last season.

How much would I need to know and what is the hardest part of puting them together

Can you get a metal encloser with the (add opitions) kit

Ricky

patience! is the hardest part for me. Its pretty self explaining if you read the directions.

I suggest you go to the Light-O-Rama web site and download and print the Assembly Manual. After looking it over, make the decision as weather or not you feel like taking on a DIY kit. That will help you decide if it would be better to purchase a DIY Kit or to get the controller already put together.

Good Luck

One Lite Shy wrote:

I suggest you go to the Light-O-Rama web site and download and print the Assembly Manual. After looking it over, make the decision as weather or not you feel like taking on a DIY kit. That will help you decide if it would be better to purchase a DIY Kit or to get the controller already put together.

Good Luck

Thats is what I'll Do.