Light-O-Rama Forums

Any Time Frame On S3 New Update

Ron Boyd

I've looked through all the posts since the last update and can't find any info.

Does anyone know an ETA on the new update?

GoofyGuy wrote this in this thread:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/21520-led-to-rgb-conversion-packages/

Keep a close on the forum, as very soon the LOR DIY world is about to exploded with the next update. I dont know when that is, I just know its a big deal.

I've also had a few questions to Brian about Superstar, He said in the next update, SS will export my visualation properly for what I am trying to do. He said he did not know when it was coming though.

I'm just curious because I'm at a standstill with SS sequencing. Still working on regular sequencing, but I'm anxiousley waiting.

Thanks,

Ron

The developers have gone quiet on the E1.31 thread for a while and the beta testers don't know so unless someone who knows chimes in (unlikely) I'd say its a secret

The developers have gone quiet on the E1.31 thread for a while and the beta testers don't know so unless someone who knows chimes in (unlikely) I'd say its a secret

Secret. :ph34r: Kind of what I thought. Hope it's soon.

How do you know if someone is a beta tester? Is there a list of names?

Well if you go into their profiles it will say they're a member of the beta tester group. Once upon a time in the old forums they're names used to show up blue with the Beta Tester title underneath but there was problems and confusion which led to them dissappearing from plain view and hiding amongst the members. Generally they are the helpful, nice and very knowledgable about LOR.

• Like 1

I'm excited about the E1.31 release as well

waiting impatiently for the release.. so I can place my order for controllers and pixel strings.

top-secret.gif

Seriously I dont know when the release is. Only person to trust with that answer would be Dan.

I'm excited about the E1.31 release as well

waiting impatiently for the release.. so I can place my order for controllers and pixel strings.

Dave ,I would suggest given the shipping times, etc that you place your order for pixels now, rather than waiting for the S3 support of E1.31 which we all know is coming at some point...

Dave ,I would suggest given the shipping times, etc that you place your order for pixels now, rather than waiting for the S3 support of E1.31 which we all know is coming at some point...

I just don't wanna be stuck with something I can't use. I'm sure I will be able to get the string before holiday season....

I looked into converting all my sequences to Light Show Pro, but the timings get all screwed up.. it's not yet compatible with S3 sequences.

There are backup plans for you if its not native to run the pixels with the Sansdevices. I agree with Tim get what you will want now, as when the software comes out you wont be waiting for the rest!

Well I can say if worst comes to worst you can use xLights to run native LightORama sequences. xLights is a 3rd party hardware utility that has supported E1.31 since its inception. It is free. I also agree with Goofy and Tim get your nodes, modules, strips, psu's, controllers, ect. now or asap as shipping and testing can take a long time.

Edited by spomalley
  • Like 1

You can still use Light O Rama. If you know you want to use them, start sequencing now. With or Without the 1.31 you can still use the Light O Rama software. I would reccomend you being sequencing if you are planning on using pixels. It cant hurt you to already be ready for them, setup you display and get to work.