Light-O-Rama Forums

Noob can't get it to work

MikeyRo

Nope, using a Enttec pro no problems at all. Been testing all summer, no issues. All updates current. USing the 3 channel dmx modules that David sells, again no issues

Another Noob here,

And I am having some issues with DMX. I am using a USB485, brand new this week, crossover cable, coro's dmx modules on their luminaries and want to check out the operation. Have a LOR controller attached and operating on Comm5, and in network preferences, I have the DMX set for raw protocol, and the only adapter listed is A014....something. I run the control panel and the listener is running and sees the adapter. LOR controller works fine in sequencer controlling lights....DMX just stays off....unplug the crossover and they start the auto pattern....plug it in and they go off. Heard about trouble with them being 1 off...so I went through all my DMX channels and moved them up 1 number, so RGB light on 56-58 is now on 57-59, please chime in if I completely misunderstood that concept...and that's about it. I have saved changes, shutdown control panel and restarted, shutdown computer and restarted everything....Ideas??? Please???

I was never able to run my controllers in DMX mode, while utilizing the Holiday coro DMX adapter and 5050 lights. After reading that you lose some LOR attributes like shimmer and fade in DMX mode I decided to run 2 USB 485 adapters. One adapter for DMX and one for standard LOR. By going this route I keep the LOR capabilities and can run the Holiday coro lights.

Its a bit of a pain, but its great when it all comes together.

Good luck,

Mike

I was never able to run my controllers in DMX mode, while utilizing the Holiday coro DMX adapter and 5050 lights. After reading that you lose some LOR attributes like shimmer and fade in DMX mode I decided to run 2 USB 485 adapters. One adapter for DMX and one for standard LOR. By going this route I keep the LOR capabilities and can run the Holiday coro lights.

Its a bit of a pain, but its great when it all comes together.

Good luck,

Mike

Forgive the question I am new to DMX but am I reading this correctly. I can use one of these USB 485 adapters http://store.lightorama.com/uscoad.html to run my light o rama controllers and buy a second one to run those little 3 channel holiday coro DMX controllers. From what I was reading above it seemed as if people were trying to do this with one of those USB 485 adapters. Two separate seems a lot easier. Am I understanding this correctly?

Just for the record... I too had the +1 issue with the dmx controllers after the 3rd controller in the chain. Everything jumped 1 on the channels.

I now have to go back and reprogram the remaining 7 dmx controllers up by one so my config is correct on my sequences.

Forgive the question I am new to DMX but am I reading this correctly. I can use one of these USB 485 adapters http://store.lightor...com/uscoad.html to run my light o rama controllers and buy a second one to run those little 3 channel holiday coro DMX controllers. From what I was reading above it seemed as if people were trying to do this with one of those USB 485 adapters. Two separate seems a lot easier. Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, I use one USB485 for my lightorama controllers and a second for my Holiday Coro controllers - just be sure you buy or make LOR-DMX cross cable to move pins 4&5 from a LOR controller to pins 1&2 of a DMX universe. I use the 485ISO and the 485B.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by Techster

• The topic was locked