Light-O-Rama Forums

Repairing LED's

jimswinder

Dennis Cherry wrote:

DSE wrote:
Very Nice Dennis

Here is a video I made show how the tester works.

The actual production unitl is what I have already shown.

http://vimeo.com/37397543

That is a very Awesome and very Cool Tool for LED Strands!

Be glad when this comes available for purchase! I could have used one of these 2 years ago when I first got into LED Strands in 2010 and had some failures!

This tool sure could have saved me a lot of time {and grief} from pulling a good LED from a good strand, then replacing each LED on the bad strand until I finally found the bad LED in the non-working one!

Will definitely be ordering one of these too! Will be the most widely used tool in my arsenal for repairing LED strands, that's for certain!:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Dennis Cherry

• SteveMaris

• LORisAwesome

Dennis Cherry wrote:

None of these are YOUR tool correct?

I think YOUR video and TOOL looks to be the best solution for finding problem LEDs in a strand.

I want YOUR tool, again, just seems to be the best solution finder from what I've seen in the video link you posted on it.

Orville wrote:

Dennis Cherry wrote:

I believed it to be Dennis' tool (LED CHECKER...get your minds out of the gutter!!!) :)

and those are the places that will be selling it. If you noticed, some say it is not yet available...

The tool in the links is an advanced flyer to help you understand what the final product will look like.

We are discussing changing the color to not confuse anyoneont what they are purchasing and need help if they call the help line.

Make sense.

Dennis Cherry wrote:

We are discussing changing the color to not confuse anyoneont what they are purchasing and need help if they call the help line.
good call on the color change!!!

Orville wrote:

Dennis Cherry wrote:

I think YOUR video and TOOL looks to be the best solution for finding problem LEDs in a strand.

I want YOUR tool, again, just seems to be the best solution finder from what I've seen in the video link you posted on it.

The video is the prototype version. The LED keeper shown in the links is the nearly final production format. This way they have kept the piercing needle in a place that is fully functional, but is not out where a person can get stabbed with it. Looking at it, it would appear that pulling the trigger retracts the needle, so you can hook the wire in. Release the trigger to insert the needle, and test.. Then the rest is just like the video..

-klb- wrote:

Orville wrote:
Dennis Cherry wrote:

The video is the prototype version. The LED keeper shown in the links is the nearly final production format. This way they have kept the piercing needle in a place that is fully functional, but is not out where a person can get stabbed with it. Looking at it, it would appear that pulling the trigger retracts the needle, so you can hook the wire in. Release the trigger to insert the needle, and test.. Then the rest is just like the video..

Just trying to make sure. The photo of the tools I looked at in the links didn't have the "male electrical plug", one looked like a female recepatacle, no blades could be seen, so I wasn't sure if this was your final look for the tool.

As for the color change, I think that would be an excellent idea as well. Currently it looks so much like the Light Keeper Pro (another reason I asked if it was your tool in the links) I wasn't sure about it.

Any idea what color you have in mind for it? I think green or even a light blue would be a good choice of a color for it, that way it's opposite of what and how the LPK looks and would definitely make it a bit more distinguishable. But any color besides red would work. :D

jimswinder wrote:

Orville wrote:
Dennis Cherry wrote:

I believed it to be Dennis' tool (LED CHECKER...get your minds out of the gutter!!!) :D

and those are the places that will be selling it. If you noticed, some say it is not yet available...

ROFLMAO, guess I should have worded that first question as "None of these are YOUR "LED" tool, huh Jim?

Guess that original wording could put someones mind in the gutter.:shock::P

Orville wrote:

Just trying to make sure. The photo of the tools I looked at in the links didn't have the "male electrical plug", one looked like a female recepatacle, no blades could be seen, so I wasn't sure if this was your final look for the tool.

I _think_ that the missing plug blades is just an error in a photoshop job of separating it from its original background..

-klb- wrote:

Orville wrote:
Dennis Cherry wrote:

The needle is fully retracted, you place the wire in a 'V' shaped slot and squeeze the trigger, first thing that happens is the wire is aligned and captured, then the needle is inserted into the insulation. release the trigger and the needle is retracted and also releases the wire.

• 4 months later...

Dennis

I was just looking at a few websites 1000 bulbs, Amazon.com, etc. They list the LED Keeper, but they are not in stock.

Did this ever go into production? I'd like to get a couple if possible.

Jerry

Dennis

I was just looking at a few websites 1000 bulbs, Amazon.com, etc. They list the LED Keeper, but they are not in stock.

Did this ever go into production? I'd like to get a couple if possible.

Jerry

They are arriving August 1st and then shipped out to vendors. they always add new products to get advanced orders.

They are arriving August 1st and then shipped out to vendors. they always add new products to get advanced orders.

Thanks. I just ordered a couple.

Jerry

• 1 month later...

Dennis

I just checked my order with Amazon.com, they still do not have any available. Are they available yet? Should I cancel my order and try to get it elsewhere?

Jerry

Dennis

I just checked my order with Amazon.com, they still do not have any available. Are they available yet? Should I cancel my order and try to get it elsewhere?

Jerry

Hold tight, some have shipped, but being a new product a small quality problem was found and is being fixed. All units are being 100% tested before shipping.

We want you to have a good product in your hands.

Saw the LEDKeeper demoed in Chicago this past weekend. All I can say is I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!! *So* much better than the "pin and wire" method referenced earlier in this thread.

For those in Menard's territory - they are supposed to be getting them in. I'll wait a few weeks until they get Christmas stock out and see, otherwise I'll join others and get one online.

nice!!, Dennis!!!, Frankly i don't care how much it will cost: that there is a Great Product. And I WILL have one, ok, ok, at least two for me.

• The topic was locked