Light-O-Rama Forums

Academy Info Thread

Ryan Johnson

Hi everyone. We want to make sure we share any Academy announcements and remind everyone that they're ALL invited but we also don't want to clutter up anyone's forum with thread after thread. So the solution I came up with is just to start this thread and then add any announcements to it. That way it's in one place. If you're interested or are attending it'll all be in one place and if you're not interested we won't get in your way!cheesy.gif

So on with the first announcement...

The Academy is coming up faster than you think and as we get closer, and budgets become more firm, our price per registration does increase. It’s something that happens every year. This year has brought us DOUBLE the registrants we had last year at this point so it’s that time again- the current Early Bird pricing of $60 per registration is increasing.

Fortunately for you the officers of the Board of Lone Star Holidays just don’t feel right about making this price hike on Valentine’s Day. After all, we believe in celebrating all of the holidays. So instead of chocolates, flowers or heart-shaped cards, the Board is giving everyone two weeks to make their Academy registration and take advantage of the $60 price point.

On February 29th (it’s a Wednesday) at midnight the price will automatically increase. That means at 12:01am Thursday you’ll be too late!

Need to check the calendar for dates? No problem…

[align=center]
June 15th to 17th at the Lone Star Convention Center in Conroe.
See the Academy website (www.theultimateacademy.com) for more detailed information.
[/align]

Don’t miss out on the ONLY holiday event that we know of that includes three days of the Christmas Classics, Halloween Scare Sessions, Santa Claus Curriculum, and the DIY Universe. Never cancelled, never compromised, and the best value-per-dollar standpoint your holiday dollar can buy.

Save some bucks and register today!

Please note: The S3 Experience will also increase the same amount as the normal registration. What is that increase? That’s part of the Valentine’s surprise!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryan Johnson

• hdracer

• Greg Young

• rodman1369

[align=center]OUR FIRST ACADEMY 2012 VENDOR:[/align]

[align=center]We Are Proud To Welcome Back

IllumimaxLogoSM.PNG[/align]
From day one of their operations, Texas based vendor Illumimax has been a member of Lone Star Holidays and constantly supports our community. Owner Jeff Trykoski has been a long-time decorator and supplier of decorating supplies for our members.

“Illumimax has been a long-time LSH and Academy supporter” says Trykoski. “The event is hands-down the best in the country – that is why Illumimax is always there. We are looking forward to introducing several new products at the Academy – including items so new that they are not in our 2012 presale”

For many years Illumimax has produced the stunning “Christmas in the Square” event at Frisco Square in downtown Frisco, Texas. Christmas in the Square is the largest fully-choreographed public/private joint display in the state of Texas – drawing over 665,000 visitors to the display in 2012 from across Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. Illumimax also produces and consults on several other commercial and municipal projects both within and outside of Texas.

As a vendor committed to helping residential and commercial clients alike create outstanding displays, Illumimax carries LED strings, LED retrofit bulbs, strobes, vampire/zip plugs, and SPT wire at prices and quantities that appeal to the residential decorator.

Illumimax will be offering a number of valuable door prizes at the event. All Illumimax prize drawings will be on Sunday at the conclusion of the event – you must be present to win. You can enter at the Illumimax booth (one entry / person). Attendees who have made or make an Illumimax preorder in advance of the event will automatically receive a second entry automatically – doubling your chances!

[align=center]
Make sure to register for the Academy today![/align]

[align=center]Visit http://www.illumimax.com for more information on Illumimax.[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

hdracer wrote:

Anyone gonna be taking "The S3 Experience" course too?

There's quite a few. In fact I'm sending those registration numbers to Drew as we speak...

hdracer wrote:

Ok I just registered for all & got the manual. Cant wait to see whats up! Have a good day!!

Johnny, just to clarify, you ordered the manual, but have not received it, correct?

I was concerned that people might think after reading your post that the LOR manual is going to be mailed out, but it isn't. You will have to attend to actually pick it up...

Greg

Yes Greg, I placed my registration fee online, paid for the manual & s3 expierience class. I had printed the manual months ago. I guess this manual would be nicer than the one I printed... Atleast I hope.
Not sure if they will be mailing out the manual... Have to ask on that one!
Thanks Greg, you made me think too!

hdracer wrote:

Yes Greg, I placed my registration fee online, paid for the manual & s3 expierience class. I had printed the manual months ago. I guess this manual would be nicer than the one I printed... Atleast I hope.
Not sure if they will be mailing out the manual... Have to ask on that one!
Thanks Greg, you made me think too!

The S3 Experience Manual by Holiday Technologies is not the manual you would have printed out- you're referring to the product software manual from LOR. The book you purchased is developed by Drew Hickman of Holiday Technologies (the official trainer for Light O Rama) and will expand on all fo the topics from the full day S3 Experience session. It'll be there waiting for you on day 3 so you have it on hand when you take the all-day training class. Of course you have two days before that to learn and share about all kinds of holiday stuff!

On the shipping note; Greg is correct. The manuals are not available to be purchased and shipped. They are offered to Academy registered attendees for pick up at the Academy on day 3 and that was a negotiated deal when the S3 Experience was being developed. As of now they aren't offered as a separate item anywhere (they are part of the 2 day $400 sessions that Holiday Technologies offers but not as a separate stand-alone item for shipping).

wbottomley wrote:

Ryan... what will be the registration costs at the end of May? I won't know anything until then - but that's price dependent as well.

The regular price for the general Academy is listed at $80 (so until the 29th it's 25% off) and we've never been dishonest and charged people $100 when it clearly says it's $80. So it's safe to assume that would be the max.

I really can't say what it will be by the end of May simply because I don't really know! The board regularly reviews the registration numbers, the budget progress, and facility/material contracts as they come due and that's what they base price increases on.

[align=center]WELCOME TO OUR SECOND ACADEMY VENDOR:[/align]

[align=center]CheapDMX_Color_2012_Small_Long.png[/align]
Whether you have experience with DIY technology or are new to the game, CheapDMX is your source for the best DIY solutions. Based right here in Texas, CheapDMX specializes in DIY technology, where a little bit of elbow grease and Macgyver-like skills can produce a mighty fine product for both residential and commercial use. Their products can be used in a multitude of applications and are not limited to holiday use!

“CheapDMX is out to provide the highest quality products at the lowest cost possible,” says founder Harrison Ward. “Our products can be used in a multitude of applications because this technology is not limited to holiday use. The possibilities are truly endless!”

CheapDMX will be showing some new products for 2012, including some solutions to help make your display plans easier to implement. Think Plug-N-Play – No Soldering – just a snap together and go! In addition, CheapDMX will be offering two fabulous door prizes at the Academy. All prize drawings will be on Sunday at the conclusion of the event – you must be present to win. You can enter at the CheapDMX booth (one entry / person). Attendees who have made or make a CheapDMX preorder in advance of the event will automatically receive a second entry automatically – doubling your chances!

Are you are currently using DIY products in your display? CheapDMX wants to know how utilizing the technology and products. It gives them insight into the decorating world’s wants and needs and (of course) they love to hear stores and see pictures of your displays!

[align=center]MAKE SURE TO REGISTER TODAY![/align]

Interesting. So with my registry to the s3 course, does that include all 3 days? I may be taking a few extra vacation days to come all 3 days.

Yes Johnny you have it right. Just to clarify for everyone:

If you want to attend the Academy it is $60 (until midnight on the 29th- don't forget!). That covers classes on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It does NOT include the S3 Experience.

If you want to attend the S3 Experience the cost is $210 (again, the price goes up on the 29th). That gets yo uaccess to the Holiday Tech S3 Experience on Sunday AND any of the sessions on Friday and Saturday (and there's already A LOT!).

So definately take the extra days Johnny! See you in June.

Quick reminder on the price hike next Wednesday (for those of you who stop by the LOR forums over the weekend). We've had A LOT of new registrations come in this week but we don't want anyone to miss the Early Bird pricing. February 29th at midnight!

Mike Manzara wrote:

I'll be there from London, Ontario Canada

Great to hear Mike. And believe it or not you are not the first registrant from Canada! Going global baby (or at least continental)!

[align=center]WE WANT TO WELCOME OUR THIRD VENDOR FOR 2012:[/align]

[align=center]Holiday_Coro_Logo_2012_SM.png[/align]
David Moore, owner of HolidayCoro.com has worked with our members to supply a variety of unique and customized computer manufactured designs for our community’s specific needs. David has supported our community through door prizes, training classes and his prodigious research of new and improved solutions for our community’s needs.

HolidayCoro will be offering hundreds of dollars in door prizes during the Academy. HolidayCoro prize drawings will be held on Sunday at the conclusion of the event – you must be present to win. Simply stop by the HolidayCoro booth and submit an entry form to be included in the drawings.

HolidayCoro is also extending an exclusive discount to our members for Coro items (excludes hardware only items) pre-ordered and picked up during the Academy:

[align=center]Orders up to $50 receive 10% off [/align]
[align=center]Orders $51 to $150 receive 15%[/align]
[align=center]Orders over $151 receive 25%[/align]

Simply place your order via HolidayCoro.com and when you checkout, enter the code LSH2012. When they process your order, the shipping cost will be excluded and the respective discount applied. Texas sales tax of 8.25% applies. Orders must be submitted and pre-paid by May 31st to allow for these items to be produced for pickup at the Academy. Discounts apply only to items picked up at our Academy booth. David highly recommends preordering as they will only have a limited selection of items for sale during the Academy.

[align=center]AND DON'T FORGET... THE REGISTRATION PRICE GOES UP AT MIDNIGHT TOMORROW! DON'T MISS OUT- REGISTER NOW![/align]

[align=center]http://WWW.THEULTIMATEACADEMY.COM[/align]