Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and E1.31 Bridge

Denis Chaput

Donny M. Carter wrote:

harrison0550 wrote:
Now this is interesting. I wonder what the price point will be. Over 2000 channels of dmx without having to buy enttec dongles makes me happy. If it works then it will be a solid back up for just in case e131 doesn't make it natively on LOR for this year.

I'm hearing around $60.

I'm hearing my jaw drop! Anyone want to buy a nearly new enttec?

bretk wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:
harrison0550 wrote:
Now this is interesting. I wonder what the price point will be. Over 2000 channels of dmx without having to buy enttec dongles makes me happy. If it works then it will be a solid back up for just in case e131 doesn't make it natively on LOR for this year.

I'm hearing around $60.

I'm hearing my jaw drop! Anyone want to buy a nearly new enttec?

Hahaha I got a feeling there will be a bunch of those enttecs for sale in the coming months. Products like this are why I've held off on ordering any controllers yet. I went ahead and stocked up on strips and modules but I'm still gonna sit back impatiently and see what all hits the market this spring and sort out my controls this summer.
Things are looking good for the dmx rgb world!

Awkward place to be posting about this -
I had a post somehwere just a couple weeks ago "I wish LOR would make a Pixel controller"

Looks like SanDevices beat them to it.

I cant imagine Dan is thrilled to see this. Im also not a lawyer, but LOR is a closed protocol, so I would expect them to get a nasty gram, and the product to be pulled.

Or maybe Dan is laughing because he doesnt think anyone will buy them after LOR releases built in support.

One of those bards and the e681, and you have everything you need for pixels.

I think IF you were going to buy CCR or CCB's - you probably still will.

IF your the cheap nerdy type, you will build your own. Many did it with Enttec's and SPI - DMX converters this year.

Some people just want to " plug and go" others enjoy tinkering.

There is probably room for both.
Its a neat little board. I'm glad the made it.

Im certain Dan has seen this kind of stuff coming. The CCR is a pixel solution that can be used and programmed same as any other pixel. As well you can add on or shorten the total strip. LOR has the DC boards for dumb strips.

As for the DMX Im certain its not a step he wants to take in terms of 1.31 because this opens the door wide open to every cheap DMX dimmer and driver on the market. Is this a good thing for LOR? No as if you can buy an A/C dimmer for half the price most people will. I would not only becuase the LOR kit has sold me on the value of what it is to what I can expect if something ever did go wrong, LOR stands tall behind thier product.

As for Pixels such as the insane displays that are being created, once again cost will go the side of DMX, but when you get into a jam the CCR will have someone to call or email that will help you fix or repair the issue at hand. They will both output similar effects, they both program nearly identical minus macros for the CCR, and they both have the ability to make pixel walls and effects.

Im personally using both, LOR A/C controllers for the LED 120v lights, Rope Light, and Floods. DC will be LOR DC controllers as well. The Pixels will be DMX or E681 type boards. I appreciate Dan seeing that if he doesnt have DMX or 1.31 support he is overshadowed but LSP or Vixen, while he gives up the hardware side of it allowing those protocols he still keeps the software end of things. Ive tried both LSP and Vixen and still in terms of layout and support Im a LOR believer.

I agree William. In my opinion, this will only up more windows for LOR. A big drawback for many is the software is not compatible for "other" products.
The open DMXas well as E1.31 support will allow many who have not tried S3, to jump on board and see how great it really is.

I think thats funny because I have always loved the software untill I got THOSE things. (and I did want those things) Guess thats why the saying goes "Be carefull what you ask for..."

Sequencing for controllers was fun. Sequencing for a string of RGB pixels made my head hurt. I hope the software embraces pixels, and gets easier to sequence higher channel counts.

• The topic was locked