Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and E1.31 Bridge

Denis Chaput

SteveMaris wrote:

More options available now. This is great news.

Yes every week something new when will it stop to give us choices ,I am suppose to be retired will need another job just for display material.:)

Denis Chaput wrote:

SteveMaris wrote:

Yes every week something new when will it stop to give us choices ,I am suppose to be retired will need another job just for display material.:)

I know how you feel Denis!

Too bad I live so far away from anyone (or anything for that matter), as I could see combining displays with others to make it a little less painful on the wallet!

But the people around here are pretty impressed with my doing the animated part that I know I can never stop now. I just hope that the work situation picks up here this coming summer or else I will have to have a display that consists of me running around the yard with a couple of flashlights turning them on and off to the radio !!

So regardless of LOR software ability to uses 1.31 He has created a software soluttion to it. Im curious to see the setup of the controllers in those univereses.

beeiilll wrote:

Denis Chaput wrote:
SteveMaris wrote:

I know how you feel Denis!

Too bad I live so far away from anyone (or anything for that matter), as I could see combining displays with others to make it a little less painful on the wallet!

But the people around here are pretty impressed with my doing the animated part that I know I can never stop now. I just hope that the work situation picks up here this coming summer or else I will have to have a display that consists of me running around the yard with a couple of flashlights turning them on and off to the radio !!
Well there is lots of work here for tradespeople to consult or supervise construction but then doesn't leave much time to build.Spent seven months last year travelling to Saskachewan working finishing in time for hunting season then straight into the display season.
I guess I will have to schedule my retired time more efficiently(less time for the wife;))

GoofyGuy wrote:

So regardless of LOR software ability to uses 1.31 He has created a software soluttion to it. Im curious to see the setup of the controllers in those univereses.

Actually he has created a hardware solution to allow LOR to run E1.31.

Jeff Millard wrote:

One more nail in the coffin.
Jeff

Nail in coffin?

I would think more like one more way to run things with LOR actually.
Or is there something that I am missing here?

It certainly looks like it will be a help.

This is great news! I ordered my E681 boards via a group buy. I already have my pixels. This is the final piece of the puzzle to test this stuff out in March hopefully instead of waiting till July. I installed both Vixen and LSP in the last week, they are both good softwares, but one you get use to S3 its hard converting to anything else.

dougd wrote:

This is great news! I ordered my E681 boards via a group buy. I already have my pixels. This is the final piece of the puzzle to test this stuff out in March hopefully instead of waiting till July. I installed both Vixen and LSP in the last week, they are both good softwares, but one you get use to S3 its hard converting to anything else.

I agree. I have a e680 coming for the gece pixels and am glad there will be a "plan b" in case the E1.31 support is not on time.
I LOVE LOR S3, and will not sequence with anything else.
The new changes, particularly grouping, is great.

John Slade wrote:

Have you guys seen this?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNPKVNF1jnE

Was on the home page of the SanDevices website... WOW!!!

Yes I saw it too:shock: all I could think was how can I build one of those pixel stars:cool: so far I've calculated 1024 pixel nodes, one 681 and a e1.31 bridge, power supplies, misc extras, probably about a grand to do it if I weld up a frame and drill 1024 12mm holes myself.

John Slade wrote:

Have you guys seen this?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNPKVNF1jnE

Was on the home page of the SanDevices website... WOW!!!

This has the real WOW factor and just looking at all those pixels and trying to work out a channel count and how much it would have cost just blows my mind. But it does look awesome and well done to the master who put together that display.

Now this is interesting. I wonder what the price point will be. Over 2000 channels of dmx without having to buy enttec dongles makes me happy. If it works then it will be a solid back up for just in case e131 doesn't make it natively on LOR for this year.

harrison0550 wrote:

Now this is interesting. I wonder what the price point will be. Over 2000 channels of dmx without having to buy enttec dongles makes me happy. If it works then it will be a solid back up for just in case e131 doesn't make it natively on LOR for this year.

I'm hearing around $60.