Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB16D-QC

rgardner518

Do I need to join 1-3 pos together to yellow?

tj

No, they are joined on the circuit board of the CMB16D already

No, they are joined on the circuit board of the CMB16D already

thats right,the positives are always hot,and the negs are what switch the power on and off

...Ooooohh. Now it all makes sense.

Somehow I thought I read all channels were completely seperate circuits.

I plan on using it with 12 volts on 1 side for RGB LED spotlights and 24 volts on the other side for my fountain valves... sound do-able?

Thank you all!

tj

Edited by tjflory

...Ooooohh. Now it all makes sense.

Somehow I thought I read all channels were completely seperate circuits.

I plan on using it with 12 volts on 1 side for RGB LED spotlights and 24 volts on the other side for my fountain valves... sound do-able?

Thank you all!

tj

looks like that would work, each bank can handle different volts from 5 to 60.so if 1-8 is @ 12 and 9-16 is @ 24 seems ok

That's doable, as long as your 24V power supply is DC, and the valves work with DC. (I seem to remember that standard 24V valves are typically used with 24VAC.) Keep in mind that the two power supplies will have their negative outputs connected together. This means that you don't have to reserve 8 channels for LEDs and 8 channels for valves. You can hook your RGB LED red, green, and blue leads to the negative (-) side of any 3 channels, and the positive (yellow) lead to +12V, which will be available on the side where you hooked up the 12V supply. Each valve will be connected to the negative (-) side of any channel, and +24V.

This means you could potentially use 3 RGB spotlights and 7 valves, or 2 RGB spotlights and 10 valves, or any other combination that uses 16 channels or less.

Make sure you put a 1N4004 diode accross each valve to counteract the back EMF so you don't blow out the MOSFETS. Make sure the cathode is connected to the common +V and that the diode is at the coil.

Orville mounted external LEDs on his controllers and there is a topic showing how he did it I can't find it though.

• 2 months later...