• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bretk

• TitanBry77

• WilliamS

• harrison0550

You set the address on the controller with dip switches, the strip no matter what starts as the first pixel is your address ie set the controller to address 300 then first pixel is 300 red, 301 green and 302 blue, pixel two is 303,304,350 and so on

I'm still waiting to get my goodies in hand to try this concept, for now all I still have is the "dumb strips"

So, would the basic $7 DMX modules like Holiday Coro has etc, be able to do a chase with these 6803 lights? I think they are 3 channel so maybe all they are good for is RGB?

I know most of this isn't going to make much sense until I get some of these in hand, I forgot when I ordered them back when that it was Chinese New Year.

TitanBry77 wrote:

I'm still waiting to get my goodies in hand to try this concept, for now all I still have is the "dumb strips"

So, would the basic $7 DMX modules like Holiday Coro has etc, be able to do a chase with these 6803 lights? I think they are 3 channel so maybe all they are good for is RGB?

I know most of this isn't going to make much sense until I get some of these in hand, I forgot when I ordered them back when that it was Chinese New Year.

I believe that the 6803 strips are "smart" and you could do chases of each pixel if you had the correct controller. However, I believe the $7 controller you are referring to is for "dumb" pixel strings, that is, it will only change the entire string/strip to red, green, blue. To get a chase of pixels, you would need a different controller. Not sure if you can use an rgb controller with the 6803 (6803 refers to the chip) Does the strip you are looking at have computer chips for each pixel?

Denny wrote:

I believe that the 6803 strips are "smart" and you could do chases of each pixel if you had the correct controller. However, I believe the $7 controller you are referring to is for "dumb" pixel strings, that is, it will only change the entire string/strip to red, green, blue. To get a chase of pixels, you would need a different controller. Not sure if you can use an rgb controller with the 6803 (6803 refers to the chip) Does the strip you are looking at have computer chips for each pixel?

I was looking at the same 6803 strip that Bret used from Ray WU.