Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Not Running--LED Codes?

Army Lights

I can't say that I have any idea why it's working either. That has to be one of the more interesting fixes I've seen in 7 years of doing this.

I would suggest getting another USB485 from LOR. That would be the best way (obviously) to connect to the controller.

I agree with Don. You need the USB485 adapter for attaching your computer usb port to the controllers. Radio Shack doesn't sell anything that will work in it's place from what I know about RS inventory.

Gents,

I get what you're saying now, and you're right, I'm an idiot. I guess what I bought (and now will return) from Radio-Shack is a USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter. That being said, I have even less of an idea of what the hell I did. All I know is my show is now working.

I was a nuclear engineering major in college, yet somehow this stuff can absolutely make me feel like a moron sometimes.

Glad to hear the lights are flying. It's too bad we don't know exactly what caused it, as this madness to make lights light to music, can drive us all nuts sometimes and we learn from our experiences. My display was running tonight when we got home from being gone 4 days and I was shocked.

• 9 months later...

I just got my Hallowwen show completed earlier today. I have a LOR1602MP3 Showtime Director Unit, I scheduled my show through the hardware utility, added my sequences, created my show and saved teh show to the SD card. Inserted the card into the SD card slot and swithed the poer on to the controller.

I have a blinking "red" light on from the controler board, the MP3 Director has the "R" Led (amber in color) glowing steady on, and the green power indicator LED glowing steady on, but no show will run. I've removed the SD Card shutdown the power on the controller, uuplugged, disconnected the MP3 Director reconnected evrything and powered the controller back up, reconnected the MP3 Director and even tried teh reset, I still get the same results, blinking Red controller light, and the steady "R" (amber) and green power LED's on the MP3, show will not run.

Does anyone have any ideas or solution? I've read the manual and this forum topic, but still can't get the show to run.

PS: the MP3 director's internal clock is set to the correct day and time and I even deleted my shows on the SD card then recreated a new show, bu tthe time has past that it should hve started.

Any help sincerel appreciated.

Thanks!!

Is this a new SD card or one that you have used before? Only certain types of SD cards can be used.

Earle

Does anyone have any ideas or solution? I've read the manual and this forum topic, but still can't get the show to run.

PS: the MP3 director's internal clock is set to the correct day and time and I even deleted my shows on the SD card then recreated a new show, bu tthe time has past that it should hve started.

Any help sincerel appreciated.

Thanks!!

I would try and create a show that runs anytime power is applied. This would help rule out a problem with the SD card, or the Director itself. If you put a card in that's set to always run and nothing happens, there are other issues at play.

Thanks Earle and Don. Yes Earle it is a new SD card (Sandisk), but I couldn't find the brands indicated in the manual. I did format it to a "FAT", "FAT 16" was not a formatting option. However, somehow, not sure exactly how I got the show to run in the last half hour of the scheduled show. I uplugged everything again, disconnected all of the cat5's and removed the SD Card. Reconnected and reengeized everything and connected the laptop through the hardware utility, it found all the controllers and the MP3 director again. So I checked the time on the Director's internal clock which indicated the correct time. So I quickly closed the hardware utility, disconnected the laptop and put the SD Card back in, the show started immediately without any modifications to the schedule, it ran till nine o'clock and shutdown as it was supposed to. The MP3 Director, now that the show has shutdown has the "E" red on steady, the "R" amber is slowly blinking and the "P" green is steady on, I presume it is working properly now, I guess I will find out tomorrow evening of the show starts up as scheduled, unless this is not the lights I should be seeing after the show has shutdown.

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

Omg, I'm having the same exact problem this year. Given that I never figured out what fixed it, I'm as frustrated as ever. I'm not even asking for help....just venting. I'm sure I'll figure something out.